Upset Alienware Customer - $500 Rebate

Trovato

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2005
I wholeheartedly advise you if you are considering buying one of Alienware's computers that has a mail-in rebate that you do not do so on the assumption that you will receive the rebate. I ordered my Alienware computer in November and mailed in for a $500 rebate.
I have been on the phone with Customer Service representative Sandro,
and he informed me that due to a missing invoice that I will not receive my
rebate. I filled out all information as stated on the rebate form at the
time, and mailed it in. I really need the rebate now, and was
counting on Alienware to send it to me. I was referred an e-mail address
as the last step of appeal, and they would not route me up to higher levels of escalation. I have not gotten a response from the appeal e-mail address. All I want is my rebate, Alienware is doing instant rebates now, but will still not mail me my rebate check.

My final option now is to just warn future potential customers of this faux pas.

Other rebate companies will send you a notice that they need more information, and an address to send it to, but Alienware gave no such notice, they just let the time lapse, and then told me there was nothing that could be done.

The wait times are long, you spend a lot of money, with a promise of getting a fraction of it back (if you consider $500 a fraction), and then get told that you will not receive it because of something stupid such as a missing invoice. (WHO KNOWS WHAT IT MAY BE WITH YOUR ORDER, MAYBE A MISSING PHONE NUMBER?)

OVERALL: IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING AN ALIENWARE WITH A REBATE, I WOULD ADVISE GOING TO COMPETITORS WITH NO REBATE TRAPS AND FASTER SERVICE!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Mail in rebates are scams.

<pre><font color=red>A64 3200+ Winchester
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
1GB Corsair 4400C25PT
WD740GD, WD2000JB, WD1200JB
ATI X800XL
Dell 2405FPW</pre><p>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Contact your credit card company if you paid by c.c. and see if they can help you.

<pre><font color=red>A64 3200+ Winchester
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
1GB Corsair 4400C25PT
WD740GD, WD2000JB, WD1200JB
ATI X800XL
Dell 2405FPW</pre><p>

RichPLS

Champion
Sorry to hear that, thanks for the heads up.
Do not give up. Contact CC co and BBB and any other sites that will let you list complaints about business practices.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Note to self: don't buy alienware
Oh wait, that note is already there :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>