Rogue program at startup

July 29, 2005 6:31:03 AM

I installed some new programs and now when I start XP an "Windows installer"
for a program that I already have on the system starts running. I uninstalled
the program and cleaned the registry but I still keep gettint the installer
running at every start. If I kill the program my system seems to run OK.
Could anybody tell me what I have done wrong and how to cure the problem.
Thank you,
Martyn

More about : rogue program startup

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 9:53:15 AM

"Martyn" <Martyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I installed some new programs and now when I start XP an "Windows
installer"
| for a program that I already have on the system starts running. I
uninstalled
| the program and cleaned the registry but I still keep gettint the
installer
| running at every start. If I kill the program my system seems to run OK.
| Could anybody tell me what I have done wrong and how to cure the problem.
| Thank you,
| Martyn

Run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:02:57 PM

AutoRuns from Sysinternals shows everything trying to RUN at startup.
The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a
great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"Martyn" <Martyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed some new programs and now when I start XP an "Windows
>installer"
> for a program that I already have on the system starts running. I
> uninstalled
> the program and cleaned the registry but I still keep gettint the
> installer
> running at every start. If I kill the program my system seems to run OK.
> Could anybody tell me what I have done wrong and how to cure the problem.
> Thank you,
> Martyn
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 11:40:43 AM

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as
his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
be a
great power among men.

I dont think this forum is to attack muslims or the prophet
Mohammad.Who wrote these words by names of others should try diffetent
places.Such a thing is not accepted here.I hope who is reponsible about
this forum delete such aggression against other.

Mohammad

--
alderessy
!