Rogue program at startup

I installed some new programs and now when I start XP an "Windows installer"
for a program that I already have on the system starts running. I uninstalled
the program and cleaned the registry but I still keep gettint the installer
running at every start. If I kill the program my system seems to run OK.
Could anybody tell me what I have done wrong and how to cure the problem.
Thank you,
Martyn
3 answers Last reply
More about rogue program startup

    "Martyn" <Martyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I installed some new programs and now when I start XP an "Windows
    installer"
    | for a program that I already have on the system starts running. I
    uninstalled
    | the program and cleaned the registry but I still keep gettint the
    installer
    | running at every start. If I kill the program my system seems to run OK.
    | Could anybody tell me what I have done wrong and how to cure the problem.
    | Thank you,
    | Martyn

    Run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    AutoRuns from Sysinternals shows everything trying to RUN at startup.
    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
    the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a
    great power among men.

    Winston Churchill - London, England
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org

    "Martyn" <Martyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed some new programs and now when I start XP an "Windows
    >installer"
    > for a program that I already have on the system starts running. I
    > uninstalled
    > the program and cleaned the registry but I still keep gettint the
    > installer
    > running at every start. If I kill the program my system seems to run OK.
    > Could anybody tell me what I have done wrong and how to cure the problem.
    > Thank you,
    > Martyn

    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as
    his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
    delay
    the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
    be a
    great power among men.

    I dont think this forum is to attack muslims or the prophet
    Mohammad.Who wrote these words by names of others should try diffetent
    places.Such a thing is not accepted here.I hope who is reponsible about
    this forum delete such aggression against other.

    Mohammad

    --
    alderessy

Windows Installer Windows XP