How to replace a lost .dll ?

Linus

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Running a 4 year old Hp Pentium 4. Model 9870 Mulitboot with Windows ME and
an older Chinese local language version of XP Pro on a 250 Gb hard drive. 512
Mb RAM.

Don’t use the Chinese OS very often & every thing was fine until I ran disk
clean up and defrag on it last week. Now, at start it up It gives me two
error messages as follows:

RUNDALL. Can’t load D:\WINDOWS\downlo~1\CmsMin.dll (Module is absent)

RUNDALL. Error loading D:\PROGRA~1\3721\Helper.dll (Module is absent)

When I click Windows Media Player I am advised that it is not installed
properly and ask if I want to reinstall it.

When I click on Microsoft Word I get an installation window followed by
“Cannot make use of this product installation source. Please validate it’s
existence and whether or not it can be used.�

When I try to run System restore I get an error message titled “rstrui.exe�
as follows:
This issue requires close down. We withal evocable inconvenience and show
regret. In the event that you deal with this in the middle course,
Information has likely been lost.
Please click below to send report of present problem to Microsoft.

None of the other programs on this OS appear to be affected. It looks like I
need to replace CmsMin.dll and helper.dll but I don’t know how to do that, I
don’t even know why I lost them. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
--
Linusverl

CmsMin.dll is not an XP file.

WINDOWS\downlo~1\CmsMin.dll
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=CmsMin.dll&btnG=Google+Search

PROGRA~1\3721\Helper.dll looks like spyware
http://www.mac-net.com/296485.page

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D41EF13D-BCD9-445E-8CC6-26EB914BD9B8@microsoft.com,
Linus <Linusverl@mspamn.com> hunted and pecked:
> Running a 4 year old Hp Pentium 4. Model 9870 Mulitboot with Windows ME
> and
> an older Chinese local language version of XP Pro on a 250 Gb hard drive.
> 512 Mb RAM.
>
> Don’t use the Chinese OS very often & every thing was fine until I ran
> disk clean up and defrag on it last week. Now, at start it up It gives me
> two
> error messages as follows:
>
> RUNDALL. Can’t load D:\WINDOWS\downlo~1\CmsMin.dll (Module is
> absent)
>
> RUNDALL. Error loading D:\PROGRA~1\3721\Helper.dll (Module is absent)
>
> When I click Windows Media Player I am advised that it is not installed
> properly and ask if I want to reinstall it.
>
> When I click on Microsoft Word I get an installation window followed by
> “Cannot make use of this product installation source. Please validate
> it’s existence and whether or not it can be used.�
>
> When I try to run System restore I get an error message titled
> “rstrui.exe� as follows:
> This issue requires close down. We withal evocable inconvenience and
> show regret. In the event that you deal with this in the middle course,
> Information has likely been lost.
> Please click below to send report of present problem to Microsoft.
>
> None of the other programs on this OS appear to be affected. It looks
> like I need to replace CmsMin.dll and helper.dll but I don’t know how
> to do that, I don’t even know why I lost them. Any advice will be
> greatly appreciated. --
> Linusverl

Linus

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Thank you Wesley Vogel for the help. My Problem is finally solved, I
downloaded the free MSN Spy Sweeper and it removed eight instances of serious
spy ware completely, there were three items connected with the CnsMin.dll
that I had to remove by hand, but the instructions are clear so that turned
out pretty straight forward process.

Linusverl