Printer not working

I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I am
here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put in
the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm not
sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
printer for our business so I'm desperate.
Thank you for your time and help
Stella
5 answers Last reply
More about printer working

    Try posting to a printer specific newsgroup:

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

    steve

    "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
    > am
    > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
    > in
    > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
    > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
    > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    > not
    > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > Thank you for your time and help
    > Stella

    Sorry its my first time here, but thank you anyway

    "Og" wrote:

    > Try posting to a printer specific newsgroup:
    >
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    >
    > steve
    >
    > "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    > > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
    > > am
    > > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    > > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
    > > in
    > > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
    > > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
    > > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    > > not
    > > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    > > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > > Thank you for your time and help
    > > Stella

    Uninstall the printer, reinstall as per Canon's *specific* instructions
    If still no go, and no err.msgs, see Canon support - its allways possible
    that its failed.

    > Sorry its my first time here, but thank you anyway
    >
    > "Og" wrote:
    >
    > > Try posting to a printer specific newsgroup:
    > >
    > > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    > >
    > > steve
    > >
    > > "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS
    MPC200). It
    > > > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is
    why I
    > > > am
    > > > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I
    am
    > > > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device,
    put
    > > > in
    > > > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms)
    I've
    > > > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and
    being
    > > > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go,
    I'm
    > > > not
    > > > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > > > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use
    my
    > > > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > > > Thank you for your time and help
    > > > Stella

    Hey, if you are using XP SP2.
    That printer's default drivers that comes with it, cannot be used with SP2.

    Grab the latest drivers from Canon and try again.

    /Dennis

    "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
    > am
    > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
    > in
    > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
    > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
    > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    > not
    > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > Thank you for your time and help
    > Stella

    Thank you guys for your help, I have done everything that you have suggested,
    I reinstalled and updated 4 times thinking I have done something wrong. I am
    now waiting for a tech support to ring me back with some more answers.
    Stella

    "Dennis Chung" wrote:

    > Hey, if you are using XP SP2.
    > That printer's default drivers that comes with it, cannot be used with SP2.
    >
    > Grab the latest drivers from Canon and try again.
    >
    > /Dennis
    >
    > "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    > > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
    > > am
    > > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    > > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
    > > in
    > > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
    > > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
    > > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    > > not
    > > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    > > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > > Thank you for your time and help
    > > Stella

Microsoft Printers Windows XP