Printer not working

July 30, 2005 8:57:02 AM

I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I am
here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put in
the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm not
sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
printer for our business so I'm desperate.
Thank you for your time and help
Stella

More about : printer working

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:28:09 AM

Try posting to a printer specific newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

steve

"Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
> am
> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
> in
> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
> not
> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> Thank you for your time and help
> Stella
July 30, 2005 9:36:02 AM

Sorry its my first time here, but thank you anyway

"Og" wrote:

> Try posting to a printer specific newsgroup:
>
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
>
> steve
>
> "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
> > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
> > am
> > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
> > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
> > in
> > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
> > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
> > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
> > not
> > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
> > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> > Thank you for your time and help
> > Stella

Related resources
July 31, 2005 5:36:47 AM

Uninstall the printer, reinstall as per Canon's *specific* instructions
If still no go, and no err.msgs, see Canon support - its allways possible
that its failed.

> Sorry its my first time here, but thank you anyway
>
> "Og" wrote:
>
> > Try posting to a printer specific newsgroup:
> >
> > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
> >
> > steve
> >
> > "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS
MPC200). It
> > > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is
why I
> > > am
> > > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I
am
> > > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device,
put
> > > in
> > > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms)
I've
> > > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and
being
> > > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go,
I'm
> > > not
> > > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> > > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use
my
> > > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> > > Thank you for your time and help
> > > Stella

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 4:38:28 PM

Hey, if you are using XP SP2.
That printer's default drivers that comes with it, cannot be used with SP2.

Grab the latest drivers from Canon and try again.

/Dennis

"Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
> am
> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
> in
> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
> not
> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> Thank you for your time and help
> Stella
July 31, 2005 8:44:01 PM

Thank you guys for your help, I have done everything that you have suggested,
I reinstalled and updated 4 times thinking I have done something wrong. I am
now waiting for a tech support to ring me back with some more answers.
Stella

!