Hi, hope I'm in the right place....

When I log on my home PC (Window XP with Office 2003), I'd like Outlook and
Explorer to open automatically, rather than having to select them from the
Start menu.

Any bright ideas as to where I can find out how to do this please?

In news:90A23B7B-ADA6-4668-AEC7-571C34006A73@microsoft.com,
Bill Healy <BillHealy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Hi, hope I'm in the right place....
>
> When I log on my home PC (Window XP with Office 2003), I'd like
> Outlook and Explorer to open automatically, rather than having
> select them from the Start menu.
>
> Any bright ideas as to where I can find out how to do this
> please?

To have any program start automatically when you boot, simply put
a shortcut to it in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Your-User-Name\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup

You can do this with as many programs as you want.

Please reply to the newsgroup

From XP HELP:
To start a program each time you start Windows
1. Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
2. On the Start Menu tab, click Classic Start menu, and then click
Customize. This changes the style of the Start menu.
3. Click Advanced.
4. In the Start Menu folder, find the shortcut to the program you want to
start each time you start Windows, and drag it to the Startup folder
located in the Programs folder.

Where?

Documents and Settings\User name\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

To start a program each time you start Windows
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_tray_start_program_auto.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:90A23B7B-ADA6-4668-AEC7-571C34006A73@microsoft.com,
Bill Healy <BillHealy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, hope I'm in the right place....
>
> When I log on my home PC (Window XP with Office 2003), I'd like Outlook
> and Explorer to open automatically, rather than having to select them
> from the Start menu.
>
> Any bright ideas as to where I can find out how to do this please?

Brilliant!

Job done

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:90A23B7B-ADA6-4668-AEC7-571C34006A73@microsoft.com,
> Bill Healy <BillHealy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > Hi, hope I'm in the right place....
> >
> > When I log on my home PC (Window XP with Office 2003), I'd like
> > Outlook and Explorer to open automatically, rather than having
> > select them from the Start menu.
> >
> > Any bright ideas as to where I can find out how to do this
> > please?
>

> To have any program start automatically when you boot, simply put
> a shortcut to it in the folder
> C:\Documents and Settings\Your-User-Name\Start
> Menu\Programs\Startup
>
> You can do this with as many programs as you want.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

thanks for your response - however Ken's reply was more "idiot proof"- a
pre-requisite in this case!

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to respond

In news:BF588700-5B69-41E5-AA6D-F267F1F00F2E@microsoft.com,
Bill Healy <BillHealy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Brilliant!
>
> Job done

Great! Glad to have helped.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:90A23B7B-ADA6-4668-AEC7-571C34006A73@microsoft.com,
>> Bill Healy <BillHealy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> Hi, hope I'm in the right place....
>>>
>>> When I log on my home PC (Window XP with Office 2003), I'd
>>> like
>>> Outlook and Explorer to open automatically, rather than
>>> having
>>> select them from the Start menu.
>>>
>>> Any bright ideas as to where I can find out how to do this
>>> please?
>>

>> To have any program start automatically when you boot, simply
>> put
>> a shortcut to it in the folder
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Your-User-Name\Start
>> Menu\Programs\Startup
>>
>> You can do this with as many programs as you want.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

At least you got what you needed. :)

--