internet connections from a motel dialup phone

I need help, recently I've been on the road with my desk top(yes my desktop)
vaiio and although in the recent past ,like the last darned hotel, I've been
able to connect to my isp using the dial-up rules in the internet set up
process. However for some reason I am unable to do so from this motel even
though I can use the same calling card for regular calls from this line
whenever I try using the callcard as part of the dialing rules I get a
notification that my username and/or password are incorrect, when I know for
a fact they are not. Is there something that the motel is doing or am I just
missing something obvious this time that I used to do and am not, now?

Malke

remove wrote:

> I need help, recently I've been on the road with my desk top(yes my
> desktop)
> vaiio and although in the recent past ,like the last darned hotel,
> I've been able to connect to my isp using the dial-up rules in the
> internet set up process. However for some reason I am unable to do so
> from this motel even though I can use the same calling card for
> regular calls from this line whenever I try using the callcard as part
> of the dialing rules I get a notification that my username and/or
> password are incorrect, when I know for a fact they are not. Is there
> something that the motel is doing or am I just missing something
> obvious this time that I used to do and am not, now?

If you know the machine works correctly everywhere else, then I would
suspect the hotel's setup. Check with the hotel's tech support.
Otherwise, contact your ISP for help and see if they have changed their
rules about dialup access. Perhaps you have a limited number of hours
and have exceeded them, for instance.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell