Red Circle w/White hand & beep error

Using Microsoft IE, when I try to enter my name and password in some accounts
a small red circle with a white hand in it appears and a warning beep sounds,
I cannot gain access to the site.

I have set all security settings to the lowest settings I can find and still
cannot get into the site.

I also just received the "red circle/white hand/beep" when I tried to send
this question using Microsoft IE, I had to switch to Netscape to send this
message.

What is the "red circle/white hand" indicating?, and how can I fix this.

Thanks in advance for any information. Jack
3 answers Last reply
More about circle white hand beep error

    Hi,

    Doesn't sound like anything native to Windows. Do you have an Internet
    Security program installed? Perhaps it is blocking the filling of forms/

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "jackprz" <jackprz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using Microsoft IE, when I try to enter my name and password in some
    > accounts
    > a small red circle with a white hand in it appears and a warning beep
    > sounds,
    > I cannot gain access to the site.
    >
    > I have set all security settings to the lowest settings I can find and
    > still
    > cannot get into the site.
    >
    > I also just received the "red circle/white hand/beep" when I tried to send
    > this question using Microsoft IE, I had to switch to Netscape to send
    > this
    > message.
    >
    > What is the "red circle/white hand" indicating?, and how can I fix this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any information. Jack

    Hi Rick,
    Thanks for the response.
    I found that my Internet provider (Peoplepc.com) recently upgraded me and
    installed a pop-up blocker.
    This is the source of the "red circle w/white hand" that I was receiving
    whenever a site tried to set a cookie.

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Doesn't sound like anything native to Windows. Do you have an Internet
    > Security program installed? Perhaps it is blocking the filling of forms/
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "jackprz" <jackprz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Using Microsoft IE, when I try to enter my name and password in some
    > > accounts
    > > a small red circle with a white hand in it appears and a warning beep
    > > sounds,
    > > I cannot gain access to the site.
    > >
    > > I have set all security settings to the lowest settings I can find and
    > > still
    > > cannot get into the site.
    > >
    > > I also just received the "red circle/white hand/beep" when I tried to send
    > > this question using Microsoft IE, I had to switch to Netscape to send
    > > this
    > > message.
    > >
    > > What is the "red circle/white hand" indicating?, and how can I fix this.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any information. Jack

  3. What is the "red circle/white hand" w/beep and how can I fix this??? I've turned off pop up blocker and still cannot gain access to a sight for airline tickets! Help, JKR

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP