  • Internet Explorer
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 31, 2005 11:18:02 PM

Using Microsoft IE, when I try to enter my name and password in some accounts
a small red circle with a white hand in it appears and a warning beep sounds,
I cannot gain access to the site.

I have set all security settings to the lowest settings I can find and still
cannot get into the site.

I also just received the "red circle/white hand/beep" when I tried to send
this question using Microsoft IE, I had to switch to Netscape to send this
message.

What is the "red circle/white hand" indicating?, and how can I fix this.

Thanks in advance for any information. Jack

More about : red circle white hand beep error

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 12:19:58 PM

Hi,

Doesn't sound like anything native to Windows. Do you have an Internet
Security program installed? Perhaps it is blocking the filling of forms/

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jackprz" <jackprz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Microsoft IE, when I try to enter my name and password in some
> accounts
> a small red circle with a white hand in it appears and a warning beep
> sounds,
> I cannot gain access to the site.
>
> I have set all security settings to the lowest settings I can find and
> still
> cannot get into the site.
>
> I also just received the "red circle/white hand/beep" when I tried to send
> this question using Microsoft IE, I had to switch to Netscape to send
> this
> message.
>
> What is the "red circle/white hand" indicating?, and how can I fix this.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information. Jack

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 2:21:01 PM

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the response.
I found that my Internet provider (Peoplepc.com) recently upgraded me and
installed a pop-up blocker.
This is the source of the "red circle w/white hand" that I was receiving
whenever a site tried to set a cookie.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Doesn't sound like anything native to Windows. Do you have an Internet
> Security program installed? Perhaps it is blocking the filling of forms/
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "jackprz" <jackprz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Microsoft IE, when I try to enter my name and password in some
> > accounts
> > a small red circle with a white hand in it appears and a warning beep
> > sounds,
> > I cannot gain access to the site.
> >
> > I have set all security settings to the lowest settings I can find and
> > still
> > cannot get into the site.
> >
> > I also just received the "red circle/white hand/beep" when I tried to send
> > this question using Microsoft IE, I had to switch to Netscape to send
> > this
> > message.
> >
> > What is the "red circle/white hand" indicating?, and how can I fix this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any information. Jack

March 21, 2009 4:21:55 PM

What is the "red circle/white hand" w/beep and how can I fix this??? I've turned off pop up blocker and still cannot gain access to a sight for airline tickets! Help, JKR