I use shortcuts a lot but when I click on 'em, the window is formed behind
all other open windows. How can I force a newly opened window (via a
shortcut or any other method) to open on 'top'?

Mike

Try this: Open Internet Explorer browser. From its menu, select Tools, Internet Options. Click Advanced tab.
Uncheck the option "Reuse windows for launching Shortcuts."

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User