USWest SCL Poll

Who's planning on switching to the new ladder season? While ladder-only rune
words such as Insight and Spirit are nice (assuming they're still
ladder-only), just like at the season 2 reset, I'll go where the players are,
so if people decide to stick to non-ladder from now on, that's what I'll
continue with also. So, a show of hands from the usual suspects would be
nice, indicating whether you intend to play season 3 ladder, or non-ladder
only.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Paul

Splendid

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> Who's planning on switching to the new ladder season? While ladder-only
> rune
> words such as Insight and Spirit are nice (assuming they're still
> ladder-only), just like at the season 2 reset, I'll go where the players
> are,
> so if people decide to stick to non-ladder from now on, that's what I'll
> continue with also. So, a show of hands from the usual suspects would be
> nice, indicating whether you intend to play season 3 ladder, or non-ladder
> only.
>

> --
> "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

i may not be one of the "usual suspects", but i will chime in anyway. i will
remain "non-ladder only". i hate babysitters, and that is how i percieve the
whole "ladder" concept to be. just get out of my way and let me play. don't
try to "re-make" the game so that it can only be played "right" as the
creators "originally intended". just let me play, and don't muck with me!

paul
az

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> Who's planning on switching to the new ladder season? While ladder-only
rune
> words such as Insight and Spirit are nice (assuming they're still
> ladder-only), just like at the season 2 reset, I'll go where the players
are,
> so if people decide to stick to non-ladder from now on, that's what I'll
> continue with also. So, a show of hands from the usual suspects would be
> nice, indicating whether you intend to play season 3 ladder, or non-ladder
> only.
>

> --
> "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

I still can't connect to realm so cannot confirm whether there is season3 or
not...

ClAy

> Who's planning on switching to the new ladder season? While ladder-only
rune
> words such as Insight and Spirit are nice (assuming they're still
> ladder-only), just like at the season 2 reset, I'll go where the players
are,
> so if people decide to stick to non-ladder from now on, that's what I'll
> continue with also. So, a show of hands from the usual suspects would be
> nice, indicating whether you intend to play season 3 ladder, or non-ladder
> only.

I'm going ladder from the get-go this time.

-Clay

I expect I'll still be on the ladder. I'll keep maybe 2 of my
favourite characters and some of the stuff I've found like Tal's
armor, my ethereal cryptic axe insight stick (if I can find what merc's
got it at the moment). Then I'll give the rest of the stuff away,
delete the characters and start em again on the ladder.
Would have to keep my upped eth titans, upped faceted vipermagi, upped
Homoculous (?Unique necro head), upped faceted Quehegans Wisdom...
Hmmm, might need to keep more than 2 characters....

--
Ashen Shugar

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Clay" <just.ask@me.com>, supreme ruler
of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> Who's planning on switching to the new ladder season? While ladder-only
>rune
>> words such as Insight and Spirit are nice (assuming they're still
>> ladder-only), just like at the season 2 reset, I'll go where the players
>are,
>> so if people decide to stick to non-ladder from now on, that's what I'll
>> continue with also. So, a show of hands from the usual suspects would be
>> nice, indicating whether you intend to play season 3 ladder, or non-ladder
>> only.
>
>I'm going ladder from the get-go this time.

Okay, but give me a day or two to recollect an IK set for you before you
starting going all Orion on me, please.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

ClAy

> >I'm going ladder from the get-go this time.
>
> Okay, but give me a day or two to recollect an IK set for you before you
> starting going all Orion on me, please.

You mean 'going on Clay on me', don't you? :)

Well, part of it depends on what items are found and when. Red-Ash
would certainly be reborn for any new ladder for rushing and mf duty
and such, though she'd have to find a new name as the present Red-Ash
isn't going to give it up any time soon. My current multi-shot zon
could get rebuilt if I found a good bow as the the current bow
(eaglehorn) while nice on the damage side I guess, seems a bit too
slow, so if I found gear that I thought would let me rebuild her even
stronger, I would. I still haven't tried out a poison mancer yet, so
that might happen in a new ladder. I probably wouldn't make another
blizzard sorc. At least not pure blizzard.
Anyway, Jabber usually makes my oddball build ideas before I can, so
I'm pretty much left with the cookie cutters to build. ; )

--
Ashen

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ashen Shugar"
<deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
said:

>I expect I'll still be on the ladder. I'll keep maybe 2 of my
>favourite characters and some of the stuff I've found like Tal's
>armor, my ethereal cryptic axe insight stick (if I can find what merc's
>got it at the moment). Then I'll give the rest of the stuff away,
>delete the characters and start em again on the ladder.
>Would have to keep my upped eth titans, upped faceted vipermagi, upped
>Homoculous (?Unique necro head), upped faceted Quehegans Wisdom...
>Hmmm, might need to keep more than 2 characters....

Fair enough. I'm more the kind of player that would start new characters with
completely different builds from the last season, just for the variety, but I
understand why some people like to recreate their loved ones. :)

Thanks for the responses, all. Keep em coming. I'm sure I'm not the only
one that's been wondering about the ladder reset issue. HC players, respond
as well, please. Orion, Kasmirs, etc all, will be interested to hear what
your thoughts are.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"