cannot delete file from desktop.....still

I've tried a few things . I checked the Permissions and even though my
name was checked in Permissions I could not delete the file AWDFLASH.EXE .
Did I mention it was an .EXE file ?
I tried a command prompt using the switches RD/SC:\Documents and
Settings\..me..\Desktop\AWDFLASH.EXE , or rather an experimented version of
the command after several unacceptable switch commands failed , and found
the opened file . Then I was to open Notepad and Save As an empty file of
the name AWDFLASH.EXE then delete the empty file , the direction was , "
Under save as , navigate to the file , delete .
I think that created another file with the same name in MyDocuments .
I'm not certain , but I don't think that file was in MyDocuments before I
started trying the command . I don't think it was there .
I would rather do this in Windows than use a Utility from somewhere else
..
The file is a Bios Flash file and it is my guess it has particular
permissions or .....somethings elses ?

Nicholas Baker wrote:
> I've tried a few things . I checked the Permissions and even though
> my name was checked in Permissions I could not delete the file
> AWDFLASH.EXE . Did I mention it was an .EXE file ?
> I tried a command prompt using the switches RD/SC:\Documents and
> Settings\..me..\Desktop\AWDFLASH.EXE , or rather an experimented
> version of the command after several unacceptable switch commands
> failed , and found the opened file . Then I was to open Notepad and
> Save As an empty file of the name AWDFLASH.EXE then delete the
> empty file , the direction was , " Under save as , navigate to the
> file , delete . I think that created another file with the same
> name in MyDocuments . I'm not certain , but I don't think that file was in
> MyDocuments
> before I started trying the command . I don't think it was there .
> I would rather do this in Windows than use a Utility from somewhere
> else .
> The file is a Bios Flash file and it is my guess it has particular
> permissions or .....somethings elses ?

Tried these:
- Boot into safe mode, delete it.
- Take ownership and delete it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

tried Safe Mode delete
tried Full Control delete
don't want to use KillBox
I'm not sure I read Kelly's Korner's advice correctly as in my above post
..

> Nicholas Baker wrote:
>> I've tried a few things . I checked the Permissions and even though
>> my name was checked in Permissions I could not delete the file
>> AWDFLASH.EXE . Did I mention it was an .EXE file ?
>> I tried a command prompt using the switches RD/SC:\Documents and
>> Settings\..me..\Desktop\AWDFLASH.EXE , or rather an experimented
>> version of the command after several unacceptable switch commands
>> failed , and found the opened file . Then I was to open Notepad and
>> Save As an empty file of the name AWDFLASH.EXE then delete the
>> empty file , the direction was , " Under save as , navigate to the
>> file , delete . I think that created another file with the same
>> name in MyDocuments . I'm not certain , but I don't think that file was
>> in MyDocuments
>> before I started trying the command . I don't think it was there .
>> I would rather do this in Windows than use a Utility from somewhere
>> else .
>> The file is a Bios Flash file and it is my guess it has particular
>> permissions or .....somethings elses ?
>
> Tried these:
> - Boot into safe mode, delete it.
> - Take ownership and delete it.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Nick download Killbox from my site here
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip unzip it and run it. Put the
path to that file in the box choose delete on reboot then select the remove
button (red circle X) and reboot. Let me know if it works.

"Nicholas Baker" <cowedgepe@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I've tried a few things . I checked the Permissions and even though my
> name was checked in Permissions I could not delete the file AWDFLASH.EXE .
> Did I mention it was an .EXE file ?
> I tried a command prompt using the switches RD/SC:\Documents and
> Settings\..me..\Desktop\AWDFLASH.EXE , or rather an experimented version
> of the command after several unacceptable switch commands failed , and
> found the opened file . Then I was to open Notepad and Save As an empty
> file of the name AWDFLASH.EXE then delete the empty file , the direction
> was , " Under save as , navigate to the file , delete .
> I think that created another file with the same name in MyDocuments .
> I'm not certain , but I don't think that file was in MyDocuments before I
> started trying the command . I don't think it was there .
> I would rather do this in Windows than use a Utility from somewhere else
> .
> The file is a Bios Flash file and it is my guess it has particular
> permissions or .....somethings elses ?

Why don't you want to use killbox?