locked out.no administrator password. help!

someone please! my other computer is locked in i think its called bios
and i cantdo anything. i unplugged it and it didnt help. all it does is
go to a black screen. what now? :mad:

--
alice4842
2 answers Last reply

    alice4842 wrote:
    > someone please! my other computer is locked in i think its called bios
    > and i cantdo anything. i unplugged it and it didnt help. all it does
    > is go to a black screen. what now? :mad:

    Hmmm...
    If it is locked at the BIOS level, then it never loads into Windows...
    right?

    You can reset the BIOS passwords in a number of ways - the easiest methods
    usually having something to do with a jumper setting on your motherboard
    (see the manual) and/or removing the battery.. That will reset all settings
    in the BIOS. The method should be explained in your manuals.

    If it actually starts to boot into Windows and then goes black - you need to
    explain more. Is this a laptop? Have you tried pressing the "FN+F8" key to
    switch from external to internal monitor? Have you tried booting into safe
    mode? etc.. We cannot see what you see, we have to go by your description.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Turn it off
    Unplug the power cable
    Unscrew the side
    Remove the small battery about the size of a watch
    Leave it out over 5 minutes.
    The BIOS password is gone

    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
    delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
    be a great power among men.

    Winston Churchill - London, England
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org

    "alice4842" <<alice4842.1t3zpr@pcbanter.net>> wrote in message

    > someone please! my other computer is locked in i think its called bios
    > and i cantdo anything. i unplugged it and it didnt help. all it does is
    > go to a black screen. what now? :mad:
    >

    > --
    > alice4842

Computers Microsoft Windows XP