Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I know this question may sound dumb to some but, can I reload m OS,
which is XP, without my dell resource CD. And if so, how do I go about
doing this.

W/o a xp cd or oem cd,its tough to do..If you have another hd,reformat,set
as slave on same IDE cable,after format,go to run,type:XCOPY C:\*.* D:\
/c/h/e/k/r Agree to all in the DOS window,when its thru the transfer is
complete.D: being the new hd

"Chuck" <CArmstead@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I know this question may sound dumb to some but, can I reload m OS,
> which is XP, without my dell resource CD. And if so, how do I go about
> doing this.

Dells *usually* have a few CDs included. The one you really need is the one
for the operating system. If the resource cd is the one with the drivers,
it's not absolutely necessary. Just download the drivers you need from
Dell's website before you start and burn them to a CD so you'll have them
when you need them.