Suddenly, I'm receiving an informational message from Internet Explorer (6)
saying: "When you send information to the Internet, it might be possible for
others to see that information. Do you want to continue?"

What could cause this change? I've recently upgraded to AdWare SE Plus.
But it's not an AdWare message. Any ideas?

Mike

It's possible that when you upgraded to Ad-Aware SE Plus, your security
settings were changed, set to high, rather than medium, thus the warning.

I copied this from your other post, ( it's best to reply to your posts,
rather than starting a new thread)

thought I made it clear that this was a new issue. The question of
clicking the "Do Not Show this Message" box could just hide the fact that
something is wrong, security wise, that needs to be fixed. I don't want
information read by others just as I don't want my SSAN and credit card
numbers posted on forums. I don't know why information like that wasn't
included in my update to gordon's comment which wasn't very helpful.
The fact of the matter is, depending on your security levels, it's just a
matter of getting this message or not, as there is always the inherent risk
when you enter any web site. With security levels set to high, and having
the message enabled, ( there is a setting in IE somewhere, although I don't
remember as I don't use IE anymore that you can enable to warn you upon
entering a non secure site) you are going to get that message whenever you
enter an unsecured site, basically telling you to enter at your own risk.
If you are at all familiar with the IE security settings on your pc, I
recommend you check them out to see what they are set at.
I don't know why information like that wasn't
included in my update to gordon's comment.
Not sure what you mean by that.

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message
> Suddenly, I'm receiving an informational message from Internet Explorer
> (6) saying: "When you send information to the Internet, it might be
> possible for others to see that information. Do you want to continue?"
>
> What could cause this change? I've recently upgraded to AdWare SE Plus.
> But it's not an AdWare message. Any ideas?
>
> Mike

Gordon

mike carrington wrote:
> Suddenly, I'm receiving an informational message from Internet Explorer (6)
> saying: "When you send information to the Internet, it might be possible for
> others to see that information. Do you want to continue?"
>
> What could cause this change? I've recently upgraded to AdWare SE Plus.
> But it's not an AdWare message. Any ideas?
>
> Mike

Why not just click the "Do not show this message" box and get on with it?