graphics conversion filter

hi all can you help please
someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what it
said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to continue
anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the doc. now i'm
guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am unable to load them.
is there a way i can load these graphics? do i need the conversion filter?
if so were do i get this from.
thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics conversion filter

    What are _you_ using to open the wordpad.doc file?
    'Office File Converter Pack' (http://tinyurl.com/45smh)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Normally *.doc files are MS Word files. They can be opend with WordPad, but
    they may not display correctly because WordPad does not have all the
    features that MS Word does.

    Word Viewer 2003 lets you open Word 2003 documents and documents created
    with all previous versions of Microsoft Word for Windows® and Microsoft Word
    for Macintosh.
    Word Viewer 2003 FREE
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3C66E841-3855-48A8-BE19-C7836979D4AC@microsoft.com,
    RobLee <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > hi all can you help please
    > someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what
    > it said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to
    > continue anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
    > doc. now i'm guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
    > unable to load them. is there a way i can load these graphics? do i
    > need the conversion filter? if so were do i get this from.
    > thank you

    i dont have word but i just got the word viewer as recomended by wesley and
    now i can view the whole document, job done, thx guys

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Normally *.doc files are MS Word files. They can be opend with WordPad, but
    > they may not display correctly because WordPad does not have all the
    > features that MS Word does.
    >
    > Word Viewer 2003 lets you open Word 2003 documents and documents created
    > with all previous versions of Microsoft Word for Windows® and Microsoft Word
    > for Macintosh.
    > Word Viewer 2003 FREE
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:3C66E841-3855-48A8-BE19-C7836979D4AC@microsoft.com,
    > RobLee <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > hi all can you help please
    > > someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what
    > > it said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to
    > > continue anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
    > > doc. now i'm guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
    > > unable to load them. is there a way i can load these graphics? do i
    > > need the conversion filter? if so were do i get this from.
    > > thank you

    Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:77F91390-6A73-4186-B30E-02CE5ECDF5E9@microsoft.com,

    "" wrote:
    > hi all can you help please
    > someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it
    > this is what it
    > said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want
    > to continue
    > anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
    > doc. now i'm
    > guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
    > unable to load them.
    > is there a way i can load these graphics? do i need the
    > conversion filter?
    > if so were do i get this from.
    > thank you

    You would probably need Word 97 or up to open the document, how ever
    if you do not wish to give Microsoft lots of your money, use
    OpenOffice insted.

    OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-graphics-conversion-filter-ftopict403734.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337211