i need to install a dvd decoder.

balogun Wrote:
> Am using win2000 on my system befofe
> and i later upgrade it to winxp since then anytime i try to play
> a dvd i will recieve information saying a compatible dvd decoder is
> not installed on my system.
> pls do u know how i can download it for free.
I will be very gratefull if u can help.
thank u

--
balogun

Malke

balogun wrote:

> balogun Wrote:
>> Am using win2000 on my system befofe
>> and i later upgrade it to winxp since then anytime i try to play
>> a dvd i will recieve information saying a compatible dvd decoder is
>> not installed on my system.
>> pls do u know how i can download it for free.
> I will be very gratefull if u can help.
> thank u

You will need to install some sort of DVD player software like WinDVD or
PowerDVD. Normally, you would just go to the store and buy something
you like. Otherwise, here's a Google search that produced over 16
million links. I'm sure something on the first few pages will be
useful.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+DVD+player&btnG=Search

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

You don't need a full DVD player package. DVD's will play in Windows Media Player, if you have a compatible DVD Decoder.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message news:ukqbAH8lFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> balogun wrote:
>

>> balogun Wrote:
>>> Am using win2000 on my system befofe
>>> and i later upgrade it to winxp since then anytime i try to play
>>> a dvd i will recieve information saying a compatible dvd decoder is
>>> not installed on my system.
>>> pls do u know how i can download it for free.
>> I will be very gratefull if u can help.
>> thank u
>>

> You will need to install some sort of DVD player software like WinDVD or
> PowerDVD. Normally, you would just go to the store and buy something
> you like. Otherwise, here's a Google search that produced over 16
> million links. I'm sure something on the first few pages will be
> useful.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+DVD+player&btnG=Search
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:

> You don't need a full DVD player package. DVD's will play in Windows
> Media Player, if you have a compatible DVD Decoder.

Thanks, Doug. I've made a note of that. I appreciate the info.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

I think you will have a hard time finding a free version.
Looks like you can use PowerDVD for 30 days for free.
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/...odId=1&lang=ENU
--
Don Kendrick