i need to install a dvd decoder.

balogun Wrote:
> Am using win2000 on my system befofe
> and i later upgrade it to winxp since then anytime i try to play
> a dvd i will recieve information saying a compatible dvd decoder is
> not installed on my system.
> pls do u know how i can download it for free.
I will be very gratefull if u can help.
thank u

--
balogun
4 answers Last reply

    balogun wrote:

    > balogun Wrote:
    >> Am using win2000 on my system befofe
    >> and i later upgrade it to winxp since then anytime i try to play
    >> a dvd i will recieve information saying a compatible dvd decoder is
    >> not installed on my system.
    >> pls do u know how i can download it for free.
    > I will be very gratefull if u can help.
    > thank u

    You will need to install some sort of DVD player software like WinDVD or
    PowerDVD. Normally, you would just go to the store and buy something
    you like. Otherwise, here's a Google search that produced over 16
    million links. I'm sure something on the first few pages will be
    useful.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+DVD+player&btnG=Search

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    You don't need a full DVD player package. DVD's will play in Windows Media Player, if you have a compatible DVD Decoder.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:

    > You don't need a full DVD player package. DVD's will play in Windows
    > Media Player, if you have a compatible DVD Decoder.

    Thanks, Doug. I've made a note of that. I appreciate the info.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I think you will have a hard time finding a free version.
    Looks like you can use PowerDVD for 30 days for free.
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/...odId=1&lang=ENU
    --
    Don Kendrick

    "balogun" wrote:

    > balogun Wrote:
    > > Am using win2000 on my system befofe
    > > and i later upgrade it to winxp since then anytime i try to play
    > > a dvd i will recieve information saying a compatible dvd decoder is
    > > not installed on my system.
    > > pls do u know how i can download it for free.
    > I will be very gratefull if u can help.
    > thank u
    >

    > --
    > balogun