1.11 Mercenary change

I like it. It's something some have been requesting for years.

In a nutshell:

There is no longer an apparent cap on the level of mercenary that can be hired
in a given act/difficulty. I just took a level 97 barbarian back to normal
difficulty, and he could hire mercenaries of up to level 96. Bye bye having
to spend tedious time leveling up a low level mercenary.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
4 answers Last reply

    Thank you Jesus!..err......Blizzard.

    That soooooo made my day :)

    short

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    > I like it. It's something some have been requesting for years.
    >
    > In a nutshell:
    >
    > There is no longer an apparent cap on the level of mercenary that can be
    > hired
    > in a given act/difficulty. I just took a level 97 barbarian back to
    > normal
    > difficulty, and he could hire mercenaries of up to level 96. Bye bye
    > having
    > to spend tedious time leveling up a low level mercenary.

    OMG Someone over at blizz did something we can actually use? Will wonders
    never cease 8D

    --
    In a World full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > short wrote:
    > > Thank you Jesus!..err......Blizzard.
    > >

    > > That soooooo made my day :)
    >
    > Yes but.............
    >
    > Is there any adbvatage to getting a normal difficulty act 2 merc as opposed
    > to a hell difficulty one anymore? Is there a way to tell if their aura's are
    > higher?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Sure there is!
    After you higher the new one, see if your damage/def/ar goes up or
    down. If it goes down, then you wasted some time :)

    short

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <short.shannon@gmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >> Is there any adbvatage to getting a normal difficulty act 2 merc as opposed
    >> to a hell difficulty one anymore? Is there a way to tell if their aura's are
    >> higher?

    >Sure there is!
    >After you higher the new one, see if your damage/def/ar goes up or
    >down. If it goes down, then you wasted some time :)

    Not MUCH time though, since you can just turn around and go hire a merc that's
    only 1 level lower than you, and try again. :-)

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Games Diablo Video Games