  • Diablo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2005 1:15:49 PM

I like it. It's something some have been requesting for years.

In a nutshell:

There is no longer an apparent cap on the level of mercenary that can be hired
in a given act/difficulty. I just took a level 97 barbarian back to normal
difficulty, and he could hire mercenaries of up to level 96. Bye bye having
to spend tedious time leveling up a low level mercenary.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

More about : mercenary change

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:15:50 PM

Thank you Jesus!..err......Blizzard.

That soooooo made my day :)

short
August 2, 2005 1:15:50 PM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:p u3te159jg8bsngsqc7j06vb55o1jm64th@4ax.com...

> I like it. It's something some have been requesting for years.
>
> In a nutshell:
>
> There is no longer an apparent cap on the level of mercenary that can be
> hired
> in a given act/difficulty. I just took a level 97 barbarian back to
> normal
> difficulty, and he could hire mercenaries of up to level 96. Bye bye
> having
> to spend tedious time leveling up a low level mercenary.

OMG Someone over at blizz did something we can actually use? Will wonders
never cease 8D

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

~misfit~ wrote:
> short wrote:
> > Thank you Jesus!..err......Blizzard.
> >

> > That soooooo made my day :)
>
> Yes but.............
>
> Is there any adbvatage to getting a normal difficulty act 2 merc as opposed
> to a hell difficulty one anymore? Is there a way to tell if their aura's are
> higher?
> --
> ~misfit~

Sure there is!
After you higher the new one, see if your damage/def/ar goes up or
down. If it goes down, then you wasted some time :)

short
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 10:26:38 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <short.shannon@gmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> Is there any adbvatage to getting a normal difficulty act 2 merc as opposed
>> to a hell difficulty one anymore? Is there a way to tell if their aura's are
>> higher?

>Sure there is!
>After you higher the new one, see if your damage/def/ar goes up or
>down. If it goes down, then you wasted some time :)

Not MUCH time though, since you can just turn around and go hire a merc that's
only 1 level lower than you, and try again. :-)

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
!