configuration question

alt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2004

9/18

Hello,

My wife & I have a home wireless network using a smc2804wbrp-g wireless
print router(works great). From time to time we have a child who uses a
third computer. The adults don't want the child to have access to either
of of our computers, but still have access to the internet. I have
another router smc7008abr & understand that there is a way of making the
connection, but I have no idea how.

Please help.

I'm not familiar with your router, however, most routers as well as
software firewall will allow you to control the usage of your networked
PCs via MAC or IP address or both. You can also control the times you
want each PC to operate on your network. Read your manual for details.
On the other hand, many router menu settings are pretty self explanatory.

Alt <alt@hhoc.org> wrote in news:rN_2d.1621$4j1.1163@trndny06:

> 9/18
>
> Hello,
>
> My wife & I have a home wireless network using a smc2804wbrp-g wireless
> print router(works great). From time to time we have a child who uses a
> third computer. The adults don't want the child to have access to
either
> of of our computers, but still have access to the internet. I have
> another router smc7008abr & understand that there is a way of making
the
> connection, but I have no idea how.
>
> Please help.

Alt <alt@hhoc.org> wrote in news:rN_2d.1621$4j1.1163@trndny06:

> The adults don't want the child to have access to either
> of of our computers

Just turn on the Windows Firewall on the Adult's PC if you're using Windows
XP.

Otherwise download a free personal firewall.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)