Malke

tom wrote:

> the home page area is grey and wont let me change when i try to
> change my home page ,

There are a lot of things that cause this:

1. Malware/viruses
2. Company policy on a domain workstation
3. Security software that has locked it - Spybot S&D has this, for
example.

Unfortunately, you haven't given us any information about your system so
you can get focused help. Go here to see how to make a good newsgroup
post:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Then come back with the necessary details and someone will be glad to
help you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console. This restriction, and many others, can be controlled with this utility. And follow the advice, as regards spyware/malware removal.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"tom" <tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE284699-FE66-44ED-B462-F1CAEDABCA4A@microsoft.com...
> the home page area is grey and wont let me change when i try to change my
> home page ,

"tom" <tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the home page area is grey and wont let me change when i try to
> change my home page ,

Did you turn on Immunize in Spybot S & D?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Please remember some Spy Ware and Ad Aware will load and run in a normal
bootup and you may have to reboot into Safe Mode to run your Spy-Ware and
Ad-Aware to remove them and clean your applications and programs.

Folks who use AOL have a different browser than everyone else, but they can
use Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) also.

If they use AOL the right click on photos or links may not work like IE.
Usually IE is in the Programs and you may want to test it.

With IE when the mouse pointer changes to a hand you can click the link or
photo to bring you to another link or page.

If your PC is slowing or hanging up, you may want to run the REAL Spybot &
Ad-Aware located at PC Magazine and also here;

http://download.com

download.com has free downloads (DL) for Spyware and Ad-aware.

Search for and DL at www.download.com to use Spy Bot Search & Destroy.

Search for and DL at www.download.com to use Lavasoft Ad-Aware.

Search for and DL at www.download.com to use The Google Toolbar which stops
Pop-Ups.

Search for and DL at www.download.com to use AVG Anti-Virus if you are not
using McAfee or Norton Anti-Virus.

There are many temp files that increase every time you use your PC. Have
you deleted the temp files in C:\Windows\Temp\

Or, if you use XP the temp files are under your %user name% similar to;

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Temp

You will find much more info at:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx
=======================================
Regards, Sir Gary @ New Orleans
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================
The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
be a great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"tom" <tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the home page area is grey and wont let me change when i try to change my
> home page ,

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I think someone changed some settings on my computer that would locke in my
homepage and i forgot what he did . My computer is a windows xp home .