weston

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2005

I'm trying to play a video from this site:
http://www.petatv.com/
Media Player 10 and Real 10 open, but the video doesn't play. It's my first
effort on my new Gateway computer (XP--ATIRadeon XPress 200 series). I've
tried several other videos from this website, and they don't play either.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

It's a defective web site...contact the webmaster.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Weston" wrote:

| I'm trying to play a video from this site:
| http://www.petatv.com/
| Media Player 10 and Real 10 open, but the video doesn't play. It's my first
| effort on my new Gateway computer (XP--ATIRadeon XPress 200 series). I've
| tried several other videos from this website, and they don't play either.
|
| How can I fix this?
|
| Thanks.

I got into the website and viewed the videos with no problem. It's not the
website.

Helen

> It's a defective web site...contact the webmaster.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Weston" wrote:
>
> | I'm trying to play a video from this site:
> | http://www.petatv.com/
> | Media Player 10 and Real 10 open, but the video doesn't play. It's my
> first
> | effort on my new Gateway computer (XP--ATIRadeon XPress 200 series).
> I've
> | tried several other videos from this website, and they don't play
> either.
> |
> | How can I fix this?
> |
> | Thanks.

weston

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2005

"Gaga6" wrote:
> I got into the website and viewed the videos with no problem. It's not the
> website. > Helen

Can you, or anyone, suggest something I can do to fix this problem? I can
live without viewing this particular video, but what is the problem that's
causing my viewer not to let me?

Marge

> > It's a defective web site...contact the webmaster.
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "Weston" wrote:
> >
> > | I'm trying to play a video from this site:
> > | http://www.petatv.com/
> > | Media Player 10 and Real 10 open, but the video doesn't play. It's my
> > first
> > | effort on my new Gateway computer (XP--ATIRadeon XPress 200 series).
> > I've
> > | tried several other videos from this website, and they don't play
> > either.
> > |
> > | How can I fix this?
> > |
> > | Thanks.

weston

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2005

I should have tried this right away: the video plays in Windows Explorer,
but not in Firefox.

Does the Windows Media Player only work in IE, or is there a setting
somewhere that I can change so that it will also work in Firefox?

Marge

"Weston" wrote:

> "Gaga6" wrote:
> > I got into the website and viewed the videos with no problem. It's not the
> > website. > Helen
>
> Can you, or anyone, suggest something I can do to fix this problem? I can
> live without viewing this particular video, but what is the problem that's
> causing my viewer not to let me?
>
> Marge
>

> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> > > It's a defective web site...contact the webmaster.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Carey Frisch
> > > Microsoft MVP
> > > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > > Microsoft Newsgroups
> > >
> > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > first
> > > I've
> > > either.

Works in Opera (8.0) too..

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Weston" <Weston@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I should have tried this right away: the video plays in Windows Explorer,
> but not in Firefox.
>
> Does the Windows Media Player only work in IE, or is there a setting
> somewhere that I can change so that it will also work in Firefox?
>
> Marge
>

> "Weston" wrote:
>
> > "Gaga6" wrote:
> > > I got into the website and viewed the videos with no problem. It's
not the
> > > website. > Helen
> >
> > Can you, or anyone, suggest something I can do to fix this problem? I
can
> > live without viewing this particular video, but what is the problem
that's
> > causing my viewer not to let me?
> >
> > Marge
> >

> > > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message