Opening Internet Explorer Windows

I use IE 6 with all the latest updates on XP Pro with all the
latest updates (at work, policy is automatic updates)

Some time in the last 2-3 weeks IE stopped opening a new page
in an "almost" full sized window (such as when I right click
on a link and specify to open in a new window) and now opens
all new pages/windows in about a 1/4 screen window so I have
to click to maximize to be able to read

I have looked at every option I can find from the tool bar at
the top, and do not see anything I can set for this behavior

Is there something I have missed... is there a setting I may
change to make Internet Explorer open new pages "full" size?

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
2 answers Last reply
More about opening internet explorer windows

    Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize)
    Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
    size next time.

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:26:54 -0700, John Thomas Smith
    <jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote:

    >I use IE 6 with all the latest updates on XP Pro with all the
    >latest updates (at work, policy is automatic updates)
    >
    >Some time in the last 2-3 weeks IE stopped opening a new page
    >in an "almost" full sized window (such as when I right click
    >on a link and specify to open in a new window) and now opens
    >all new pages/windows in about a 1/4 screen window so I have
    >to click to maximize to be able to read
    >
    >I have looked at every option I can find from the tool bar at
    >the top, and do not see anything I can set for this behavior
    >
    >Is there something I have missed... is there a setting I may
    >change to make Internet Explorer open new pages "full" size?
    >

    >John Thomas Smith

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    Thanks... worked perfectly!

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 07:54:41 +1000, Alan Edwards
    <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote:

    >Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize)
    >Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
    >size next time.
    >
    >...Alan
    >--
    >Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >
    >On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:26:54 -0700, John Thomas Smith
    ><jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I use IE 6 with all the latest updates on XP Pro with all the
    >>latest updates (at work, policy is automatic updates)
    >>
    >>Some time in the last 2-3 weeks IE stopped opening a new page
    >>in an "almost" full sized window (such as when I right click
    >>on a link and specify to open in a new window) and now opens
    >>all new pages/windows in about a 1/4 screen window so I have
    >>to click to maximize to be able to read
    >>
    >>I have looked at every option I can find from the tool bar at
    >>the top, and do not see anything I can set for this behavior
    >>
    >>Is there something I have missed... is there a setting I may
    >>change to make Internet Explorer open new pages "full" size?
    >>

    >>John Thomas Smith
    >
    >...Alan

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com