Opening Internet Explorer Windows

August 4, 2005 3:26:54 PM

I use IE 6 with all the latest updates on XP Pro with all the
latest updates (at work, policy is automatic updates)

Some time in the last 2-3 weeks IE stopped opening a new page
in an "almost" full sized window (such as when I right click
on a link and specify to open in a new window) and now opens
all new pages/windows in about a 1/4 screen window so I have
to click to maximize to be able to read

I have looked at every option I can find from the tool bar at
the top, and do not see anything I can set for this behavior

Is there something I have missed... is there a setting I may
change to make Internet Explorer open new pages "full" size?

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:54:41 AM

Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize)
Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
size next time.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:26:54 -0700, John Thomas Smith
<jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote:

>I use IE 6 with all the latest updates on XP Pro with all the
>latest updates (at work, policy is automatic updates)
>
>Some time in the last 2-3 weeks IE stopped opening a new page
>in an "almost" full sized window (such as when I right click
>on a link and specify to open in a new window) and now opens
>all new pages/windows in about a 1/4 screen window so I have
>to click to maximize to be able to read
>
>I have looked at every option I can find from the tool bar at
>the top, and do not see anything I can set for this behavior
>
>Is there something I have missed... is there a setting I may
>change to make Internet Explorer open new pages "full" size?
>

>John Thomas Smith

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems