firewall preventing me from logging onto university site

michelle

I am computer illiterate. Be gentle with jargon! I have a LAN connection.
Everytime I try to go on a university site, a zonelab notice pops up saying a
runtime error has occured do you wish to debug? Line:113 Error:eek:bject
expected. I want to be able to log onto my university's web site. How do I
fix this? Please help me asap!!!

Zone Labs has a user forum where Zone Alarm experts will answer your
question. Find it here:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/userForum/userForum_agreement.jsp?lid=ts_userforum

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"michelle" <michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am computer illiterate. Be gentle with jargon! I have a LAN connection.
> Everytime I try to go on a university site, a zonelab notice pops up
saying a
> runtime error has occured do you wish to debug? Line:113 Error:eek:bject
> expected. I want to be able to log onto my university's web site. How do I
> fix this? Please help me asap!!!

michelle

thanks Ted especially for the quick response. Gotta run to class, but will be
sure to check out that site asap. Wow, this computer/forum stuff is a whole
world in itself!

"=?Utf-8?B?bWljaGVsbGU=?=" <michelle@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:6C3E4519-DE3A-4A4B-A724-D4F53D0BD111@microsoft.com:

> I am computer illiterate. Be gentle with jargon! I have a LAN
> connection. Everytime I try to go on a university site, a zonelab
> notice pops up saying a runtime error has occured do you wish to
> debug? Line:113 Error:eek:bject expected. I want to be able to log
> onto my university's web site. How do I fix this? Please help me
> asap!!!

Try Sygate Personal Firewall instead of Zone Alarm.I found it to be
easy to use.
-max
--
Making Good Posts: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Registered Linux User #393236

michelle

how do I do that and what is it?

"What's in a Name?" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?bWljaGVsbGU=?=" <michelle@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in news:6C3E4519-DE3A-4A4B-A724-D4F53D0BD111@microsoft.com:
>
> > I am computer illiterate. Be gentle with jargon! I have a LAN
> > connection. Everytime I try to go on a university site, a zonelab
> > notice pops up saying a runtime error has occured do you wish to
> > debug? Line:113 Error:eek:bject expected. I want to be able to log
> > onto my university's web site. How do I fix this? Please help me
> > asap!!!
>
> Try Sygate Personal Firewall instead of Zone Alarm.I found it to be
> easy to use.
> -max
> --
> Making Good Posts: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
> Change nomail.afraid.org to yahoo.com to reply.
> Registered Linux User #393236

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

University IT people usually will help set up your security. Contact them
first to insure you remain compliant.

in news:43287E12-B7BA-4A31-B45A-5631881BA90A@microsoft.com:

> how do I do that and what is it?

*********Middle Posted for Maximum Confusionn******************

I have written some pages to help you be safe while online.
They are written in easy to understand language(english)lol
Keeping Windows Clean
http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html
About the firewall-just use google and search for Sygate Personal
Firewall.You can download it-save to disk and then uninstall Zone
Alarm.After that,just double click on the downloaded Sygate firewall
file and follow the prompts. Post back if you need help.
-max