Media Player - Videos Look Vga!?! Help!

I have had nothing but problems with my Winxp lately, now all my video
looks solarized and terrible. It look VGA style. I had recently also
downloaded the new Media Player 10 and this hasn't helped! Codex,
got'em all I believe and they don't help. This happens with avi, MPG,
wmv - but Quicktime still works fine and there is no problems with it..
Any ideas why?
I am using Nvidia's newest drivers as well - all has been updated.
And the thumbnail viewer in explorer looks fine with the video still,
just any program that plays AVI, MPG, WMV.
My NLE can view them fine as well. All my colours look ok, jpg and bmp
look good, just the video in media player or my winamp player look
terrible!
WinXP pro.

Any help on this?

--
David Johnson

I just downloaded version 10 and am having the exact same problem as you are
having. In fact, I just posted on it above this thread. In version 9,
everything was fine. Now with 10 installed, the video looks bllotchy and
distorted like it was in over contrast somehow. I also have Nvidia with the
latest drivers, and all other graphics on the system are perfect.
Perhaps someone will answer on this.
Dudley