Why to have cookies

I'm a newbie: Pls. would you tell me about cookies. If it is necessary to
have it, and how to install it.

Thanks
Bob.
3 answers Last reply
More about cookies

    1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
    2. In the Search box type: COOKIES , and hit enter.
    3. Then click on: "Understanding Cookies".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Low" wrote:

    | I'm a newbie: Pls. would you tell me about cookies. If it is necessary to
    | have it, and how to install it.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Bob.

    Managing Cookies
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283185
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#cookies

    Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299331

    Error Message: Not Accepting Cookies
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=175662

    Error Message: Your Web Browser Options Are Currently Set to Disable
    Cookies...
    (covers re-setting time via command line prompt)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814141

    Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#secure_sites

    Troubleshooting Secure Site (WinXP/IE6 SP2)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Low wrote:

    > I'm a newbie: Pls. would you tell me about cookies. If it is necessary to
    > have it, and how to install it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bob.

    Cake is too much to eat. Cookies are fine, with less calories.

Cookie Microsoft Windows XP