All in one HP 1200 /1205series Not working

HELP!!!

I recently had to take my computer in for repair (what a joke spent over
80pounds) and the repairs were worse than the problems! I had to start from
scratch all over again. Now on my Gateway (running WIndows 98) my HP all in
one (USB port) (despite reinstalling all software and drivers) will not work I
don't know why it shows as being the default printer and all the software Icons
are there.. Any help or advice??

PS(it's okay to send Email)

On the seventh day, Indy wrote...

> HELP!!!
>
> I recently had to take my computer in for repair (what a joke spent over
> 80pounds) and the repairs were worse than the problems! I had to start from
> scratch all over again. Now on my Gateway (running WIndows 98) my HP all in
> one (USB port) (despite reinstalling all software and drivers) will not work I
> don't know why it shows as being the default printer and all the software Icons
> are there.. Any help or advice??
>
> PS(it's okay to send Email)

First, right click "my computer", select properties, click on device
manager, check if there are yellow exclamation marks. You should remove the
printer both physically as well as logically. Reinstall. Connect the
printer. Post again, if there are no yellow exclamation marks and the
printer still doesn't work.

Also, check if you can connect other USB devices to your PC as well as
connecting and testing your printer on an another PC.

HTH

Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense,
and the past perfect.

> Post again, if there are no yellow exclamation marks and the
>printer still doesn't work.
>
>Also, check if you can connect other USB devices to your PC as well as
>connecting and testing your printer on an another PC.

Well here I am again.. There are No Yellow exlmiation points in fact I couldn't
even find the Printer listed, I found the "imaginf" divice and that showed up
fine but even the scanner won't work .

Yes My HP Mouse and my Cable modem are both working fine.

On the seventh day, Indy wrote...

> Well here I am again.. There are No Yellow exlmiation points in fact I couldn't
> even find the Printer listed, I found the "imaginf" divice and that showed up
> fine but even the scanner won't work .
>
> Yes My HP Mouse and my Cable modem are both working fine.

Are you using the supplied power supply?
I would also suggest you test the printer on another PC. Maybe it died.