Latest response from verizon i600 upgrade date

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,microsoft.public.smartphone (More info?)

Next week, according to this.

--
From: VZW - Wireless Data
[mailto:vzwkanacsWirelessData@gl.verizonwireless.com]
Sent: Sat 7/10/2004 10:43 AM
To: Nick Macey
Subject: Re: Re: I have a question about wireless equipment or
accessories (KMM14082108V77547L0KM)

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our
Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time
you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your SmartPhone 2003
question.

We apologize for any delays with the release of the SmartPhone 2003
update for the Samsung i600. We are expecting to release the software
next week, but are unable to guarantee the date. Once the software
becomes available, you will be able to download the software from our
www.verizonwireless.com website or by visiting our Verizon Wireless
retail store.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime
through e-mail using the address of wirelessdata@verizonwireless.com.
We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon
Wireless.

Sincerely,

Timothy
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

"We never stop working for you!"

The above response is subject to the terms of your Service Agreement
and calling plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please
read those materials for full details. Our liability is limited. In
the event of a conflict between this response and the terms of your
Service Agreement and calling plan, the terms of your Service
Agreement and calling plan will govern. Verizon Wireless's calling
plans, rate areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices,
procedures and policies are subject to change as specified in the
Service Agreement.

On 10 Jul 2004 12:47:59 -0700, nmacey@gmail.com (Nick Macey) wrote:

>Next week, according to this.

I'll believe it when I have it. Until then, I'll have my clock
perpetually wrong on the outside of my display and will wait until
they can "confirm" that the release will happen due to all the
difficulties they seem to be having with just sending the damn thing
out the door.