cgi conversion has me up a tree

Have downloaded a program, "autoresponder Unlimited.zip" on my windows XP
Home ed.and Dell 4600 PC. It turns out to be in a cgi format that I don't
know how to convert. When I click on the document icon I get a strange text
window and after fiddeling around with the menus, just can't get it to make
sense and be able to use it.

Most programs and info that I download to my documents I simply hit the
"open" button, and if a zip file the zip wizzard comes up and I unzip it, and
if not a zip I get it laid out to read on Adobe Reader 7.

When I download this program into the my documents folder to install into my
website (CampingOnUs.com)and I click on the "open" button, get the zip
wizzard, and when I click on "unzip", instantly the Adobe Screen comes up,
blank with a message saying that it cannot open the file, or unsupported, or
damaged file.

It downloads normally---just can't use it or work with it. My suspicion is
that I have to somehow convert the program to another form for my computer to
accept it and I am too dumb to figure it out. I could probably figure it out
eventually but I didn't want to wait 2 years to get it.

Please help soon, as I don't have much hair left.

Thank you kindly,
--
Curt -- new Internet business and not about to let it fail--ever!
1 answer Last reply

    Unzip Autoresponder Unlimited.zip and then go to Add Or Remove Programs and
    install Autoresponder Unlimited.

    http://www.getresponse.com/forum/

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:028224DF-43D7-416F-86E7-41F235F353A5@microsoft.com,
    Curt <Curt@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Have downloaded a program, "autoresponder Unlimited.zip" on my windows XP
    > Home ed.and Dell 4600 PC. It turns out to be in a cgi format that I don't
    > know how to convert. When I click on the document icon I get a strange
    > text window and after fiddeling around with the menus, just can't get it
    > to make sense and be able to use it.
    >
    > Most programs and info that I download to my documents I simply hit the
    > "open" button, and if a zip file the zip wizzard comes up and I unzip it,
    > and if not a zip I get it laid out to read on Adobe Reader 7.
    >
    > When I download this program into the my documents folder to install into
    > my website (CampingOnUs.com)and I click on the "open" button, get the zip
    > wizzard, and when I click on "unzip", instantly the Adobe Screen comes up,
    > blank with a message saying that it cannot open the file, or unsupported,
    > or damaged file.
    >
    > It downloads normally---just can't use it or work with it. My suspicion
    > is that I have to somehow convert the program to another form for my
    > computer to accept it and I am too dumb to figure it out. I could
    > probably figure it out eventually but I didn't want to wait 2 years to
    > get it.
    >
    > Please help soon, as I don't have much hair left.
    >
    > Thank you kindly,
    > --
    > Curt -- new Internet business and not about to let it fail--ever!

Zip Windows XP