Cookie question

No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area as
it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to this
revert but have not had any luck.
How to do it please.
thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about cookie question

    The site seems to create a cookie but does not retain the area change. I
    don't know how you did it in the first place.

    If you use the following URL http://cad.chp.ca.gov/body.asp?centerin=GGCC
    you will get the bay area but the outer frame will not show.

    "shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
    > No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
    > I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
    > http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area
    > as it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to
    > this revert but have not had any luck.
    > How to do it please.
    > thanks

    It's got nothing to do with cookies. The page (now) defaults to LA area.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    shakey wrote:
    > No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
    > I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
    > http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area
    > as
    > it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to this
    > revert but have not had any luck.
    > How to do it please.
    > thanks

    Sorry but mine is now opening to the FAQ but it does have LA area as the
    selected site waiting for a click.
    Changing the last site visited doesn't change my COOKIE which reads
    CadTip
    LastResource=FAQ&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    cad.chp.ca.gov/
    1536
    1323729920
    29733480
    841477776
    29727244
    *

    > It's got nothing to do with cookies. The page (now) defaults to LA area.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > shakey wrote:
    >> No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
    >> I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
    >> http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area
    >> as
    >> it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to this
    >> revert but have not had any luck.
    >> How to do it please.
    >> thanks

    NOW its opening to "contact CHP" I was on that page but it wasn't my last
    view by a long shot.
    Confused: you bet I am.

    > Sorry but mine is now opening to the FAQ but it does have LA area as the
    > selected site waiting for a click.
    > Changing the last site visited doesn't change my COOKIE which reads
    > CadTip
    > LastResource=FAQ&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    > cad.chp.ca.gov/
    > 1536
    > 1323729920
    > 29733480
    > 841477776
    > 29727244
    > *

    >> It's got nothing to do with cookies. The page (now) defaults to LA area.
    >> --
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >>
    >> shakey wrote:
    >>> No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
    >>> I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
    >>> http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area
    >>> as
    >>> it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to this
    >>> revert but have not had any luck.
    >>> How to do it please.
    >>> thanks

    As Robear mentioned, the address you mentioned defaults to display of Los Angeles area. I just tried your link.
    I don't live in California & I had never before visited that site.

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    shakey wrote:
    > NOW its opening to "contact CHP" I was on that page but it wasn't my
    > last view by a long shot.
    > Confused: you bet I am.
    >
    > "shakey" wrote
    >> Sorry but mine is now opening to the FAQ but it does have LA area as
    >> the selected site waiting for a click.
    >> Changing the last site visited doesn't change my COOKIE which reads
    >> CadTip
    >> LastResource=FAQ&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    >> cad.chp.ca.gov/
    >> 1536
    >> 1323729920
    >> 29733480
    >> 841477776
    >> 29727244
    >> *

    I know what I see even though I am not a MVP! Please DO not tell me it
    defaults to display of "Los ANGELES". My system is now defaulting to
    "contact CHP" page. Previously it defaulted to "FAQ" page and I want it back
    where it originally was "BAY AREA"
    Thanks for your help, and I mean that, but you are wrong.
    Mel AKA SG

    shakey wrote:
    > NOW its opening to "contact CHP" I was on that page but it wasn't my
    > last view by a long shot.
    > Confused: you bet I am.
    >
    > "shakey" wrote
    >> Sorry but mine is now opening to the FAQ but it does have LA area as
    >> the selected site waiting for a click.
    >> Changing the last site visited doesn't change my COOKIE which reads
    >> CadTip
    >> LastResource=FAQ&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    >> cad.chp.ca.gov/
    >> 1536
    >> 1323729920
    >> 29733480
    >> 841477776
    >> 29727244
    >> *

    My reply was fairly straight-forward and not personal. I merely reported what showed for me when I went to that page, and was saying I'd never been to that site before.

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    shakey wrote:
    > I know what I see even though I am not a MVP! Please DO not tell me it
    > defaults to display of "Los ANGELES". My system is now defaulting to
    > "contact CHP" page. Previously it defaulted to "FAQ" page and I want
    > it back where it originally was "BAY AREA"
    > Thanks for your help, and I mean that, but you are wrong.
    > Mel AKA SG
    >
    > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote
    > As Robear mentioned, the address you mentioned defaults to display of
    > Los Angeles area. I just tried your link.
    > I don't live in California & I had never before visited that site.
    >

    > shakey wrote:
    >> NOW its opening to "contact CHP" I was on that page but it wasn't my
    >> last view by a long shot.
    >> Confused: you bet I am.
    >>
    >> "shakey" wrote
    >>> Sorry but mine is now opening to the FAQ but it does have LA area as
    >>> the selected site waiting for a click.
    >>> Changing the last site visited doesn't change my COOKIE which reads
    >>> CadTip
    >>> LastResource=FAQ&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    >>> cad.chp.ca.gov/
    >>> 1536
    >>> 1323729920
    >>> 29733480
    >>> 841477776
    >>> 29727244
    >>> *

    Sorry if I came across as personal. I truly appreciate all that 10 or so
    people do here "including you". I am simply saying that my recent
    experiences are not the same as yours or Robears. I WILL figure out which
    cookie is being saved. currently it is:
    LastResource=Cities&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    cad.chp.ca.gov/
    1536
    4113348608
    29733927
    3622836464
    29727691
    *
    But again this is not my last visited page.

    shakey wrote:
    > I know what I see even though I am not a MVP! Please DO not tell me it
    > defaults to display of "Los ANGELES". My system is now defaulting to
    > "contact CHP" page. Previously it defaulted to "FAQ" page and I want
    > it back where it originally was "BAY AREA"
    > Thanks for your help, and I mean that, but you are wrong.
    > Mel AKA SG
    >
    > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote
    > As Robear mentioned, the address you mentioned defaults to display of
    > Los Angeles area. I just tried your link.
    > I don't live in California & I had never before visited that site.
    >

    > shakey wrote:
    >> NOW its opening to "contact CHP" I was on that page but it wasn't my
    >> last view by a long shot.
    >> Confused: you bet I am.
    >>
    >> "shakey" wrote
    >>> Sorry but mine is now opening to the FAQ but it does have LA area as
    >>> the selected site waiting for a click.
    >>> Changing the last site visited doesn't change my COOKIE which reads
    >>> CadTip
    >>> LastResource=FAQ&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    >>> cad.chp.ca.gov/
    >>> 1536
    >>> 1323729920
    >>> 29733480
    >>> 841477776
    >>> 29727244
    >>> *

    No problem, these things can be frustrating, but what we've all found out by
    visiting http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ is that it doesn't use cookies at all so
    something else is amiss on your end.

    You might try the Clean Boot troubleshooting technique as per
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353
    --

    shakey wrote:
    > Sorry if I came across as personal. I truly appreciate all that 10 or so
    > people do here "including you". I am simply saying that my recent
    > experiences are not the same as yours or Robears. I WILL figure out which
    > cookie is being saved. currently it is:
    > LastResource=Cities&LastAction=resource&LastSearch=hs
    > cad.chp.ca.gov/
    > 1536
    > 4113348608
    > 29733927
    > 3622836464
    > 29727691
    > *
    > But again this is not my last visited page.

    > My reply was fairly straight-forward and not personal. I merely reported
    > what showed for me when I went to that page, and was saying I'd never been
    > to that site before.
    >
    > shakey wrote:
    > > I know what I see even though I am not a MVP! Please DO not tell me it
    > > defaults to display of "Los ANGELES". My system is now defaulting to
    > > "contact CHP" page. Previously it defaulted to "FAQ" page and I want
    > > it back where it originally was "BAY AREA"
    > > Thanks for your help, and I mean that, but you are wrong.
    > > Mel AKA SG
    > >
    > > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote
    > > As Robear mentioned, the address you mentioned defaults to display of
    > > Los Angeles area. I just tried your link.
    > > I don't live in California & I had never before visited that site.
    > >
    > > shakey wrote:
    > > > NOW its opening to "contact CHP" I was on that page but it wasn't my
    > > > last view by a long shot.
    > > > Confused: you bet I am.
    > > >
    > > > "shakey" wrote

    Shakey,
    The following will work for the "Main" Areas, I have not fully experimented with the "Custom" Areas. But it seems to work for them too.
    1. When you click on http://cad.chp.ca.gov/
    2. Select the Area you want
    3. When you reach that page you will see the following in the address bar:

    http://cad.chp.ca.gov/default.asp

    4. Select Favorites> Add to Favorites> Rename it something like Bay Area Traffic> Save to Links Folder (if that is what you want).
    5. If you want to add another area to watch, repeat steps #2 to #4, making sure that when you save it to the particular Favorites folder you want, that you give the file an unique name, don't use the default name.

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
    I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
    http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area as
    it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to this
    revert but have not had any luck.
    How to do it please.
    thanks

    Rich IT WORKED!
    That is what I did a few times before without success but this time it
    worked. Thank you for resuggesting it. This time I did not browse to any
    incident and allowed it to self update before saving. This may be the key.
    Whatever; it now displays bay area incidents as desired but strangely the
    pull down box reads LA AREA but that's irrelevant.
    Thanks all
    Shakey

    "RRR_News" <RRR_News@isp.com> wrote in message
    Shakey,
    The following will work for the "Main" Areas, I have not fully experimented
    with the "Custom" Areas. But it seems to work for them too.
    1. When you click on http://cad.chp.ca.gov/
    2. Select the Area you want
    3. When you reach that page you will see the following in the address bar:

    http://cad.chp.ca.gov/default.asp

    4. Select Favorites> Add to Favorites> Rename it something like Bay Area
    Traffic> Save to Links Folder (if that is what you want).
    5. If you want to add another area to watch, repeat steps #2 to #4, making
    sure that when you save it to the particular Favorites folder you want, that
    you give the file an unique name, don't use the default name.

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    No one replying to this on other board so crossposting here.
    I recently cleared all my cookies. Now when I visit a certain site
    http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ it opens to the Los Angeles area not the bay area as
    it previously did. I would like to update the cookie or whatever to this
    revert but have not had any luck.
    How to do it please.
    thanks

    Or use http://cad.chp.ca.gov/sa_list.asp?centerin=GGCC&style=l (Bay Area
    incidents; top frame only)

    Nice work, RRR!
    --

    RRR_News wrote:
    > Shakey,
    > The following will work for the "Main" Areas, I have not fully
    > experimented with the "Custom" Areas. But it seems to work for them too.
    > 1. When you click on http://cad.chp.ca.gov/
    > 2. Select the Area you want
    > 3. When you reach that page you will see the following in the address bar:
    >
    > http://cad.chp.ca.gov/default.asp
    >
    > 4. Select Favorites> Add to Favorites> Rename it something like Bay Area
    > Traffic> Save to Links Folder (if that is what you want).
    > 5. If you want to add another area to watch, repeat steps #2 to #4,
    > making sure that when you save it to the particular Favorites folder you
    > want, that you give the file an unique name, don't use the default name.

Cookie Microsoft Windows XP