XP 2003 server stop error HELP!!!!

Ok been using 2000 adv server for about two years and was happy till i
decided to upgrade to XP Server 2003, downloaded the trial from
microsoft upgraded my instalation, cool. I decide i like it and would
do a full re-install (mistake) so booted from the cd cleared partition
went fine to first re-boot and then sat watching the logo and the
animated activity bar and then after an age Boom! stop error 0x0000006f
session_3_initialization_error,i never even got to put in the cd key
:confused: I read all the threads i could and tried and tried but no
cant do it... :mad: So my question is why will it install every time
perfectly as an upgrade but not as a complete reinstall. if i knew that
then i would be able to get a bit further maybe.

My System consists of:- (this is a spare system for testing)
K7S5A PRO Mainboard (latest bios)
AMD DURON 1200
256 meg ram
2940uw scsi card
6 x 10gig scsi hard disk drives
nvidea gforce4 graphics
48x48x48 msi burner

if someone could help me out i would be very greatfull as i have no
hair left to pull out as im sure you understand after 4 days constant
re-installs.

--
Ricardoco
2 answers Last reply

    I was unable to locate anything about 2003 Server, but this article for
    Windows 2000 may help....

    Typically there is a problem with a device driver or with a missing or
    corrupt system file used during Windows startup...from
    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

    Here's a link to the MSDN article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1216.asp

    "Ricardoco" wrote:

    > Ok been using 2000 adv server for about two years and was happy till i
    > decided to upgrade to XP Server 2003, downloaded the trial from
    > microsoft upgraded my instalation, cool. I decide i like it and would
    > do a full re-install (mistake) so booted from the cd cleared partition
    > went fine to first re-boot and then sat watching the logo and the
    > animated activity bar and then after an age Boom! stop error 0x0000006f
    > session_3_initialization_error,i never even got to put in the cd key
    > :confused: I read all the threads i could and tried and tried but no
    > cant do it... :mad: So my question is why will it install every time
    > perfectly as an upgrade but not as a complete reinstall. if i knew that
    > then i would be able to get a bit further maybe.
    >
    > My System consists of:- (this is a spare system for testing)
    > K7S5A PRO Mainboard (latest bios)
    > AMD DURON 1200
    > 256 meg ram
    > 2940uw scsi card
    > 6 x 10gig scsi hard disk drives
    > nvidea gforce4 graphics
    > 48x48x48 msi burner
    >
    > if someone could help me out i would be very greatfull as i have no
    > hair left to pull out as im sure you understand after 4 days constant
    > re-installs.
    >

    > --
    > Ricardoco

    suggest you post this article for the gurus in one of the Server Newsgroups.
    Hint: There's WinXP, threes Win2k3, but not an XP Server 2003.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Ricardoco" <Ricardoco.1tcbpv@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Ok been using 2000 adv server for about two years and was happy till i
    > decided to upgrade to XP Server 2003, downloaded the trial from
    > microsoft upgraded my instalation, cool. I decide i like it and would
    > do a full re-install (mistake) so booted from the cd cleared partition
    > went fine to first re-boot and then sat watching the logo and the
    > animated activity bar and then after an age Boom! stop error 0x0000006f
    > session_3_initialization_error,i never even got to put in the cd key
    > :confused: I read all the threads i could and tried and tried but no
    > cant do it... :mad: So my question is why will it install every time
    > perfectly as an upgrade but not as a complete reinstall. if i knew that
    > then i would be able to get a bit further maybe.
    >
    > My System consists of:- (this is a spare system for testing)
    > K7S5A PRO Mainboard (latest bios)
    > AMD DURON 1200
    > 256 meg ram
    > 2940uw scsi card
    > 6 x 10gig scsi hard disk drives
    > nvidea gforce4 graphics
    > 48x48x48 msi burner
    >
    > if someone could help me out i would be very greatfull as i have no
    > hair left to pull out as im sure you understand after 4 days constant
    > re-installs.
    >

    > --
    > Ricardoco

Stop Error Servers Windows XP