Lillith, uber Izzy, and Uber Duriel

Here's what's known so far:
Countess, Summoner, and Nila...Nitha...whatever, the corpse explosion dude
each have a chance(supposedly 1/34) chance to drop a key. One drops the Key
of Hate(Summoner), one the Key of Terror(Countess), and one the Key of
Destruction(Nila). Then, in Hell Harrogath, transmute the 3 items in the
cube. It will open 1 of 3 random portals:Matron's Den(Forgotten Tower
tileset, Lillith), Forgotten Sands(act 2 desert tileset, Uber Duriel), or
Furnace of Pain(act 5 Abaddon tileset, Uber Izzy). Kill the boss, and it
will drop an item:Diablo's Horn(Lillith), Mephisto's Brain(Izzy), and Baal's
Eye(Duriel). Transmute THESE three items(meaning you have to get each key at
least 3 times) and you open the "Chaotic Portal of Tristram", where you must
face all THREE Prime Evils at once. Kill Diablo there, and ONE new unique
large charm will drop(so if you kill them partied, not everybody gets one),
the Hell Fire Torch. It has +10-20 stats, +10-20 res all, +8 light radius,
+3 to ONE character class skill levels(so you could get one with +3 pally or
+3 sorc, etc), 10 charges of Lvl 30 Hydra, and 25% chance to cast lvl 10
Firestorm on striking(the Diablo firestorm skill, it's huge). Additionally,
one "Standard of Heroes"(looks like a flag) drops for EVERYONE in the party
that helps kill the trio, it has a lvl requirement of 90, but nobody knows
what it does, as it has no stats or anything. Some people say they have a
problem opening the portals in non-ladder, but other NL players claim they
have, so there may be some requirement that must be completed before the
portals will open.
17 answers Last reply
More about lillith uber izzy uber duriel

    Does this work in single-player too?
    Not that Gemstone 1.10 will work for 1.11... *g*

    It doesn't? :)

    I've been trying to kill Nilly all morning. Either I don't have a
    character that can cut it, or I need faster reflexes.
    The the last 2 runs he had some nasty auras and I died instantly after
    teleporting in the room.

    short

    That makes more sense to me. Now I just have to figure out a way to
    get to Nilly while I'm still alive :)

    NOTE: They can drop more than one key too. The Summoner was nice
    enough to drop 2 of them for me.

    short

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >Here's what's known so far:
    >Countess, Summoner, and Nila...Nitha...whatever, the corpse explosion dude
    >each have a chance(supposedly 1/34) chance to drop a key. One drops the Key
    >of Hate(Summoner), one the Key of Terror(Countess), and one the Key of
    >Destruction(Nila). Then, in Hell Harrogath, transmute the 3 items in the
    >cube. It will open 1 of 3 random portals:Matron's Den(Forgotten Tower
    >tileset, Lillith), Forgotten Sands(act 2 desert tileset, Uber Duriel), or
    >Furnace of Pain(act 5 Abaddon tileset, Uber Izzy). Kill the boss, and it
    >will drop an item:Diablo's Horn(Lillith), Mephisto's Brain(Izzy), and Baal's
    >Eye(Duriel). Transmute THESE three items(meaning you have to get each key at
    >least 3 times) and you open the "Chaotic Portal of Tristram", where you must
    >face all THREE Prime Evils at once. Kill Diablo there, and ONE new unique
    >large charm will drop(so if you kill them partied, not everybody gets one),
    >the Hell Fire Torch. It has +10-20 stats, +10-20 res all, +8 light radius,
    >+3 to ONE character class skill levels(so you could get one with +3 pally or
    >+3 sorc, etc), 10 charges of Lvl 30 Hydra, and 25% chance to cast lvl 10
    >Firestorm on striking(the Diablo firestorm skill, it's huge). Additionally,
    >one "Standard of Heroes"(looks like a flag) drops for EVERYONE in the party
    >that helps kill the trio, it has a lvl requirement of 90, but nobody knows
    >what it does, as it has no stats or anything. Some people say they have a
    >problem opening the portals in non-ladder, but other NL players claim they
    >have, so there may be some requirement that must be completed before the
    >portals will open.

    We've collected two countess and two summoner keys so far, with the nihlathak
    key to go. The summoner was pretty stubborn to drop his keys, but countess
    dropped mine on only the second or third run, and Demi got one pretty quickly
    also.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > We've collected two countess and two summoner keys so far, with the
    nihlathak
    > key to go. The summoner was pretty stubborn to drop his keys, but
    countess
    > dropped mine on only the second or third run, and Demi got one pretty
    quickly
    > also.

    Good luck. The super bosses are supposedly pretty hard, and the trio in
    Tristram even worse(Mephy there has Conviction, according to one guy, ouch).
    I haven't looked for a key yet, I'm more focused on leveling my necro, heh.

    > --
    > "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    I think it was Bruce Langdon <brucerl@pacbell.net> that wrote
    something like...

    >Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >

    >> We've collected two countess and two summoner keys so far, with the nihlathak
    >> key to go. The summoner was pretty stubborn to drop his keys, but countess
    >> dropped mine on only the second or third run, and Demi got one pretty quickly
    >> also.
    >>

    >Got it on the third run I beleive.
    >
    >I thought I'd do some runs before going to bed to get some keys and save
    >them for tomorrow when more people are about.
    >I killed the countess, Nihl, and summoner in at least 6 games and got no
    >key.
    >
    >Anybody try picking up 2 of the same key yet?
    >Can we fill up a mule with them? :)
    >
    >~Demigodess~

    It took me about 10 more games after that to get all 3 keys.
    Drew Izzy, opened a tp for my smiter (as there were those quintuple
    immunes around) and he took Izzy and anyone else that came close out
    with ease.
    I also picked up another tiamats and a couple of Dols from the
    countess and a death set sash from the Summoner.

    Now that I've gotten that far, I think I'll always do all three dudes
    per game and stock up on keys if I get duplicates before I can use
    them up.

    Wheee! This is fun!!

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    I helped kill Uber Izzy and Duriel tonight... there's a thread "Keys
    Alive!" in agd2 if you want a look.

    - Samiel

    I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
    something like...

    >I think it was Bruce Langdon <brucerl@pacbell.net> that wrote
    >something like...
    >
    >>Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >>

    >>> We've collected two countess and two summoner keys so far, with the nihlathak
    >>> key to go. The summoner was pretty stubborn to drop his keys, but countess
    >>> dropped mine on only the second or third run, and Demi got one pretty quickly
    >>> also.
    >>>

    >>Got it on the third run I beleive.
    >>
    >>I thought I'd do some runs before going to bed to get some keys and save
    >>them for tomorrow when more people are about.
    >>I killed the countess, Nihl, and summoner in at least 6 games and got no
    >>key.
    >>
    >>Anybody try picking up 2 of the same key yet?
    >>Can we fill up a mule with them? :)
    >>
    >>~Demigodess~
    >
    >It took me about 10 more games after that to get all 3 keys.
    >Drew Izzy, opened a tp for my smiter (as there were those quintuple
    >immunes around) and he took Izzy and anyone else that came close out
    >with ease.
    >I also picked up another tiamats and a couple of Dols from the
    >countess and a death set sash from the Summoner.
    >
    >Now that I've gotten that far, I think I'll always do all three dudes
    >per game and stock up on keys if I get duplicates before I can use
    >them up.
    >
    >Wheee! This is fun!!
    >
    >Ashen Shugar

    It was probably something like another 10 games to get another set of
    keys. Actually ended up with 2 keys from the Countess and Short got
    one from her too before I found either of the other two.
    So now I've got Meph's brain and Diablo's horn.
    Won't be able to play tomorrow, but the day after that I reckon I
    should be good for 1 more body piece. Whether it'll be the right one
    is another question.

    And Lillith is pretty damn mean. Though it probably didn't help that
    she had a fanaticism boss in the room with her when I teleported into
    it. But even then, she killed my smiter a few times. After the first
    death when there were no other critters around her, I couldn't hit her
    often enough zealing or leech enough, one of them, to survive and the
    life tap just wouldn't go off until 2 or 3 deaths later. Once I got
    the life tap on her though, I was able to stand there smiting and took
    her down. Though she was hitting hard enough that I was almost
    expecting a 1 hit kill from her.

    The Uber trio could be intersting. Hopefully I won't have so much lag
    when I fight them though. Those extra few hundred milliseconds can
    make a real difference.

    "Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
    > something like...
    >
    >>I think it was Bruce Langdon <brucerl@pacbell.net> that wrote
    >>something like...

    >>>Got it on the third run I beleive.
    >>>
    >>>I thought I'd do some runs before going to bed to get some keys and save
    >>>them for tomorrow when more people are about.
    >>>I killed the countess, Nihl, and summoner in at least 6 games and got no
    >>>key.
    >>>
    >>>Anybody try picking up 2 of the same key yet?
    >>>Can we fill up a mule with them? :)
    >>>
    >>>~Demigodess~
    >>
    >>It took me about 10 more games after that to get all 3 keys.
    >>Drew Izzy, opened a tp for my smiter (as there were those quintuple
    >>immunes around) and he took Izzy and anyone else that came close out
    >>with ease.
    >>I also picked up another tiamats and a couple of Dols from the
    >>countess and a death set sash from the Summoner.
    >>
    >>Now that I've gotten that far, I think I'll always do all three dudes
    >>per game and stock up on keys if I get duplicates before I can use
    >>them up.
    >>
    >>Wheee! This is fun!!
    >>
    >>Ashen Shugar
    >
    > It was probably something like another 10 games to get another set of
    > keys. Actually ended up with 2 keys from the Countess and Short got
    > one from her too before I found either of the other two.
    > So now I've got Meph's brain and Diablo's horn.
    > Won't be able to play tomorrow, but the day after that I reckon I
    > should be good for 1 more body piece. Whether it'll be the right one
    > is another question.
    >
    > And Lillith is pretty damn mean. Though it probably didn't help that
    > she had a fanaticism boss in the room with her when I teleported into
    > it. But even then, she killed my smiter a few times. After the first
    > death when there were no other critters around her, I couldn't hit her
    > often enough zealing or leech enough, one of them, to survive and the
    > life tap just wouldn't go off until 2 or 3 deaths later. Once I got
    > the life tap on her though, I was able to stand there smiting and took
    > her down. Though she was hitting hard enough that I was almost
    > expecting a 1 hit kill from her.
    >
    > The Uber trio could be intersting. Hopefully I won't have so much lag
    > when I fight them though. Those extra few hundred milliseconds can
    > make a real difference.

    I have the Eye, but I'm hoping to get the Horn myself so I can get the
    charm. We need to get some 8-player key games going. Uber Duriel is EASY,
    and getting to uber Izzy was harder than actually killing him.
    Quintuple-immune Pit Lords indeed. They weren't phys immune, but having OKs
    around made melee dangerous. Only my furysin and Alan's throwbarb seemed to
    be able to do any damage without danger to ourselves.

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >I helped kill Uber Izzy and Duriel tonight... there's a thread "Keys
    >Alive!" in agd2 if you want a look.

    I thought the monsters with five immunities were especially amusing, hehehe.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote

    >It doesn't? :)

    I don't know

    >I've been trying to kill Nilly all morning. Either I don't have a
    >character that can cut it, or I need faster reflexes.
    >The the last 2 runs he had some nasty auras and I died instantly after
    >teleporting in the room.

    When did you change your name from "short" to "shorts"
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    Typo in Google when I subscribed. I still hate Google.

    short

    Hammerdins are all well and good, but just how much crushing blow
    damage do they do? And how often do they tag their target with open
    wounds or prevent monster healing? Unless the uber evils are
    unbreakably physical immune, a team of smiters would do better I'm
    sure.

    When I get up to them my smiter will borrow the sorcs CtA and try and
    see if it's possible to get them off by themselves. Then, as long as
    they can't 1 hit kill him, or hit him multiple times before he can hit
    them back, he should do okay.
    We'll see. The plan may require some modification. ; )

    --
    Ashen Shugar

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Bruce Langdon wrote:
    >> Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >>

    >>> We've collected two countess and two summoner keys so far, with the
    >>> nihlathak key to go. The summoner was pretty stubborn to drop his
    >>> keys, but countess dropped mine on only the second or third run, and
    >>> Demi got one pretty quickly also.
    >>>

    >> Got it on the third run I beleive.
    >>
    >> I thought I'd do some runs before going to bed to get some keys and
    >> save them for tomorrow when more people are about.
    >> I killed the countess, Nihl, and summoner in at least 6 games and got
    >> no key.
    >>
    >> Anybody try picking up 2 of the same key yet?
    >> Can we fill up a mule with them? :)
    >
    > I think, from reading a babelfish translation of a German web page, that
    > the best way to go about getting to "Tristram transformed" *is* to stock
    > up on keys. When you have three of each you then transform them one lot at
    > a time in Harrogath and each seperate area will open. Then you go down
    > each one, get the giblets and open the fourth one. Saves you getting
    > random ubers and maybe ending up with two eyes to every brain. <g>.
    >
    > At least that's what I think it said.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    What happens if you don't kill all the bosses? Are the unkilled boss
    portals still there the next time I create a game?

    =Steve

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    >"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote
    >
    >>It doesn't? :)
    >
    >I don't know
    >
    >>I've been trying to kill Nilly all morning. Either I don't have a
    >>character that can cut it, or I need faster reflexes.
    >>The the last 2 runs he had some nasty auras and I died instantly after
    >>teleporting in the room.
    >
    >When did you change your name from "short" to "shorts"

    His battle.net account names have been that way for years.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >Here's what's known so far:
    >Countess, Summoner, and Nila...Nitha...whatever, the corpse explosion dude
    >each have a chance(supposedly 1/34) chance to drop a key.

    The following drop chances were calculated by Adekye over in the Amazon Basin,
    and I've just confirmed the same numbers from having a look in the data myself
    (odds are in a single player game):

    Countess key drop = 5 in 68 = 1 in 13.6
    Nihlathak key drop = 5 in 61 = 1 in 12.2
    Summoner key drop = 5 in 56 = 1 in 11.2

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    Just a quick terminology correction, the final part is the average number of
    runs to get a key:

    Countess key drop = 1 every 13.6 runs, on average
    Nihlathak key drop = 1 every 12.2 runs, on average
    Summoner key drop = 1 every 11.2 runs, on average

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Diablo Video Games