internet scrip error

August 7, 2005 7:29:02 AM

When I try to click on an image on the net I get a scrip error and it asks if
I want to continue running scrips on this page and when I click yes it won't
open the article or image. What might be my problem.

More about : internet scrip error

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 8:19:43 AM

From IE
Tools | Internet Options
Advanced Tab
Place check mark IN these boxes:
Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
Disable Script Debugging (Other)

Remove check mark FROM this box:
Display a notification about every script error

steve

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to click on an image on the net I get a scrip error and it asks
> if
> I want to continue running scrips on this page and when I click yes it
> won't
> open the article or image. What might be my problem.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:56:56 PM

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to click on an image on the net I get a scrip error and it
> asks if I want to continue running scrips on this page and when I
> click yes it won't open the article or image. What might be my
> problem.

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/down...
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com