internet scrip error

When I try to click on an image on the net I get a scrip error and it asks if
I want to continue running scrips on this page and when I click yes it won't
open the article or image. What might be my problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about internet scrip error

    From IE
    Tools | Internet Options
    Advanced Tab
    Place check mark IN these boxes:
    Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
    Disable Script Debugging (Other)

    Remove check mark FROM this box:
    Display a notification about every script error

    steve

    "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to click on an image on the net I get a scrip error and it asks
    > if
    > I want to continue running scrips on this page and when I click yes it
    > won't
    > open the article or image. What might be my problem.

    "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to click on an image on the net I get a scrip error and it
    > asks if I want to continue running scrips on this page and when I
    > click yes it won't open the article or image. What might be my
    > problem.

    Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
    Check the box to Disable script debugging.
    Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

    1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

    Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
    Internet Options and click Delete Files.

    2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

    2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

    (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

    3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    4. See also
    Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
    on This Page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    Installing Office 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

    5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
    extensions (uncheck & reboot).

    5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
    check for hijackware anyway):

    Dealing with Hijackware
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com