I use two computers, each with Win XP. One of them (a laptop) has a problem.
I can describe the problem best by giving an example.

Today I read an article in a British newspaper on-line. I wanted to send a
copy to a friend using the capability provided by the newspaper. When I
tried this a form came up in a separate window but within a second it
disappeared. I tried printing the article but again the form disappeared.

This effect occurs in other pages including various on-line games. This
effect does NOT occur on my other PC.

How can I adjust my laptop to correct this problem?

Peter.

Presuming you have Internet Explorer 6 - Service pack 2, and are using it for web access, then I'd suggest adding these sites into Pop-up Blocker settings to allow popups ( with due caution that this would allow these sites all popups).

Place sites into Exceptions list (to get around Pop-up blocking):
Internet Explorer > main menu /Tools/Popup Blocker>Pop-up Blocker settings

In block titled "Address of Web site to allow" type in www.yoursite.com , then click Add, then press Close.

See if that makes the difference.

One question is whether the laptop has added 3rd-party popup blocker or security program.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User