I am having a terrible time with XP's Z order. I open a program, go to
one of the windows. Alt Tab to another program. Return to the original
program. I am on the main form, and have to go to the window where I
was. Why cannot it go directly to the proper window?

Thanks.

Alt-tab cycles through ALL open documents/programs. In order to get to the
window you are using rather than the main window, you need to alt-tab again.
It goes to each open program/folder/document one at a time. There is a
power toy that replaces the normal alt-tab menu with a larger/more detailed
menu.

You may find it useful though you'll pay a system hit for keeping it resident.

Kathea Banshou wrote:

> Alt-tab cycles through ALL open documents/programs. In order to get to the
> window you are using rather than the main window, you need to alt-tab again.
> It goes to each open program/folder/document one at a time. There is a
> power toy that replaces the normal alt-tab menu with a larger/more detailed
> menu.

> You may find it useful though you'll pay a system hit for keeping it resident.
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" wrote:
>
> > I am having a terrible time with XP's Z order. I open a program, go to
> > one of the windows. Alt Tab to another program. Return to the original
> > program. I am on the main form, and have to go to the window where I
> > was. Why cannot it go directly to the proper window?
> >
> > Thanks.

It was not this way with Win 2000!

I just want to go to another program, and then jump back, with one set of
keystrokes! Tweak just shows more detail. I do not want detail. I just want to go
back EXACTLY to where I was!

pops

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

And Shift- send you backwards, usually to the place you
just came from if it's only one place off.

"Kathea Banshou"
<KatheaBanshou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

PopS wrote:

> And Shift- send you backwards, usually to the place you
> just came from if it's only one place off.

Which keystrokes are you saying? What will bring you back from Alt Tab?
AltShift Tab does not work.