How do I access files on my PC from another PC?

a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 9:34:24 AM

Hello. I have a Desktop and laptop running Windows XP. I have password
protected my login on the Desktop. Both computers are networked and I am able
to access files on the Shared Folder on the desktop from my laptop. The
problem I am facing is that I am unable to access other files on my desktop
and when I go to the location, the message I receive is that I do not have
sufficient privileges. How can I access my personal files on the desktop from
my laptop? In other words, is there a way to provide my login password and
access my files on the desktop from a laptop? At the moment, only if I remove
the password from the desktop am I able to access my files on the desktop -
but I need to have the password on the desltop as others use the desltop as
well but I need to access my personal files on the desktop using my laptop.
Appreciate your comments and solution to this problem.

More about : access files

August 8, 2005 6:15:59 PM

multi posting is really irritating,
learn how to cross post

"Vish Tumu" <VishTumu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have a Desktop and laptop running Windows XP. I have password
> protected my login on the Desktop. Both computers are networked and I am
able
> to access files on the Shared Folder on the desktop from my laptop. The
> problem I am facing is that I am unable to access other files on my
desktop
> and when I go to the location, the message I receive is that I do not have
> sufficient privileges. How can I access my personal files on the desktop
from
> my laptop? In other words, is there a way to provide my login password and
> access my files on the desktop from a laptop? At the moment, only if I
remove
> the password from the desktop am I able to access my files on the
desktop -
> but I need to have the password on the desltop as others use the desltop
as
> well but I need to access my personal files on the desktop using my
laptop.
> Appreciate your comments and solution to this problem.
August 8, 2005 8:02:02 PM

"Vish Tumu" <VishTumu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have a Desktop and laptop running Windows XP.

See my reply in basics. This is why you should crosspost and not multipost -
it keeps all the replies in the same place!