How do I access files on my PC from another PC?

Hello. I have a Desktop and laptop running Windows XP. I have password
protected my login on the Desktop. Both computers are networked and I am able
to access files on the Shared Folder on the desktop from my laptop. The
problem I am facing is that I am unable to access other files on my desktop
and when I go to the location, the message I receive is that I do not have
sufficient privileges. How can I access my personal files on the desktop from
my laptop? In other words, is there a way to provide my login password and
access my files on the desktop from a laptop? At the moment, only if I remove
the password from the desktop am I able to access my files on the desktop -
but I need to have the password on the desltop as others use the desltop as
well but I need to access my personal files on the desktop using my laptop.
Appreciate your comments and solution to this problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about access files

    multi posting is really irritating,
    learn how to cross post

    "Vish Tumu" <VishTumu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I have a Desktop and laptop running Windows XP. I have password
    > protected my login on the Desktop. Both computers are networked and I am
    able
    > to access files on the Shared Folder on the desktop from my laptop. The
    > problem I am facing is that I am unable to access other files on my
    desktop
    > and when I go to the location, the message I receive is that I do not have
    > sufficient privileges. How can I access my personal files on the desktop
    from
    > my laptop? In other words, is there a way to provide my login password and
    > access my files on the desktop from a laptop? At the moment, only if I
    remove
    > the password from the desktop am I able to access my files on the
    desktop -
    > but I need to have the password on the desltop as others use the desltop
    as
    > well but I need to access my personal files on the desktop using my
    laptop.
    > Appreciate your comments and solution to this problem.

    "Vish Tumu" <VishTumu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I have a Desktop and laptop running Windows XP.

    See my reply in basics. This is why you should crosspost and not multipost -
    it keeps all the replies in the same place!

Laptops Desktops Windows XP