Crysis crashing..Windows 7 or something else?

pleasehelp

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Hey Guys...
Every time i try to change a system setting in Crysis, such as graphics,keys..etc. Also even clicking on multiplayer it just crashes. Gives me the error "Crysis has stopped working and will now stop." I must restart my pc then try again. If it crashed because of changing a setting the setting is applies when i restart the pc. But for multiplayer i must restart the pc until finally it doesn't crash. It is so strange.

I have latest Nvidia drivers, and i even tried installing the latest Direct X drivers to see if that would help.

I also tried running it in compatibility mode...under vista sp2 which people say to try. Nothing fixes this strange problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GTX 260 Black edition
4GB DDr2 800mghz
XFI fitality Xtreme Gamer edition
250 GB HDD
ASUS motherboard
And lots of case fans :D

Temp on the GPU is fine also, only around 45 C when the menu starts up.

pleasehelp

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Yeah i have the latest patches.

Alex, so you just reformated Windows 7? So basically reinstall it?
I also have XP on the other Partition, but i want Crysis on Windows 7 for Direct X10.

dante84

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
crysis really doesnt like being forced into aa by the nvidia driver, or any of the settings from the driver for that matter , the best bet is gonna be to find crysis on your games list on the nvidia control panel,set absolutely everything you can to "application controlled" and drop the texture resolution/draw distance.oh and theres still some big ol spikes im mem usage with motion blur enabled,but your spec seems more than adequate

moral of this bloated post; put everything to minimum,with nothing forced by the driver,and build your way up.

reinstalling an os to make a game work is kinda like levelling your house and rebuilding it cos the door wouldnt shut.

TRENDING THREADS