I must re-install the XP. I re-installed them in the same partition of my
disk that i have install the previous XP. But now i cant have access to
folders of my account of the old XP. I `ve already try to access as
administrator or to try make an account with the same name of my old account
but also in these cases i have not any acccess to my old account...How can i
see my files that are in my old account`s folders???

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"AndreasM" wrote:

| I must re-install the XP. I re-installed them in the same partition of my
| disk that i have install the previous XP. But now i cant have access to
| folders of my account of the old XP. I `ve already try to access as
| administrator or to try make an account with the same name of my old account
| but also in these cases i have not any acccess to my old account...How can i
| see my files that are in my old account`s folders???

Hi,

A parallel installation creates new Security descriptors that do not match
the old installation. Therefore your new installation does not have the
proper permissions to access the old user profiles. If nothing was
encrypted, you can regain access by "taking ownership" of the old user
profile folders.
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Taking_ownership

However, encrypted files require the use of a certificate or recovery agent
created on the original installation. If you do not have one of these, then
the files are lost to you. What you should have done is a repair
installation to save the existing user profiles, programs, and settings.

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org