USB Controller

Hi! all brand new here so this might not be the place to ask this
question ...

I have a USB Hub connected to my Dell Inspiron 8200 and I get a message
now and again telling me that it will work better if I have an updated
v2 Host Controller.

I have tried to track down a patch or upgrade from Dell but have had no
joy. Kept on a prem. rate line for ages. Nothing on their website.
Emailed them but no response yet.

How do I know if the Host Controller is fast enough and if not where
can I get a driver upgrade.

Thanks for reading this and hope you can help

DannyD

--
Dannyd
2 answers Last reply

    Dannyd,
    It's a hardware issue. Your USB hub is either USB V1.1 or V2.0
    compliant.
    If your plugging in a slower V1.1 hub into a V2.0 connection, or
    visaversa that's why your getting this message. Check the specs. for
    your hub, is it V1.1 or V2.0? Is your PC USB ports V1.1 or V2.0?
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    "" wrote:
    > Hi! all brand new here so this might not be the place to ask
    > this
    > question ...
    >
    > I have a USB Hub connected to my Dell Inspiron 8200 and I get
    > a message
    > now and again telling me that it will work better if I have an
    > updated
    > v2 Host Controller.
    >
    > I have tried to track down a patch or upgrade from Dell but
    > have had no
    > joy. Kept on a prem. rate line for ages. Nothing on their
    > website.
    > Emailed them but no response yet.
    >
    > How do I know if the Host Controller is fast enough and if not
    > where
    > can I get a driver upgrade.
    >
    > Thanks for reading this and hope you can help
    >
    > DannyD
    >

    > --
    > Dannyd

    I belive this "v2" is refering to USB2, which (from what i have seen)
    is not supported by your laptop, the only way to get USB2 on to your
    laptop (any thing short of buying a new laptop) would be to buy some
    thing like this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=9603237990&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48669

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-USB-Controller-ftopict406497.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1348083