  • Controller
  • USB
  • Windows XP
August 9, 2005 12:36:00 PM

Hi! all brand new here so this might not be the place to ask this
question ...

I have a USB Hub connected to my Dell Inspiron 8200 and I get a message
now and again telling me that it will work better if I have an updated
v2 Host Controller.

I have tried to track down a patch or upgrade from Dell but have had no
joy. Kept on a prem. rate line for ages. Nothing on their website.
Emailed them but no response yet.

How do I know if the Host Controller is fast enough and if not where
can I get a driver upgrade.

Thanks for reading this and hope you can help

DannyD

--
Dannyd

More about : usb controller

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 1:21:29 PM

Dannyd,
It's a hardware issue. Your USB hub is either USB V1.1 or V2.0
compliant.
If your plugging in a slower V1.1 hub into a V2.0 connection, or
visaversa that's why your getting this message. Check the specs. for
your hub, is it V1.1 or V2.0? Is your PC USB ports V1.1 or V2.0?
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

August 10, 2005 5:36:10 PM

"" wrote:
> Hi! all brand new here so this might not be the place to ask
> this
> question ...
>
> I have a USB Hub connected to my Dell Inspiron 8200 and I get
> a message
> now and again telling me that it will work better if I have an
> updated
> v2 Host Controller.
>
> I have tried to track down a patch or upgrade from Dell but
> have had no
> joy. Kept on a prem. rate line for ages. Nothing on their
> website.
> Emailed them but no response yet.
>
> How do I know if the Host Controller is fast enough and if not
> where
> can I get a driver upgrade.
>
> Thanks for reading this and hope you can help
>
> DannyD
>

> --
> Dannyd

I belive this "v2" is refering to USB2, which (from what i have seen)
is not supported by your laptop, the only way to get USB2 on to your
laptop (any thing short of buying a new laptop) would be to buy some
thing like this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=9...

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-USB-Controller-f...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1348083