Does Oblivion work on Windows 7?

Redras0324

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
The title says it all, I been wondering for a while now... I have a computer with XP that is out of commision for the time being, it can run it though, my 360 crapped out with the red ring and it'll be a while before it's fixed. But my laptop which does pretty much everything for me currently has Vista and won't even try to open it. And I'm looking at selling it off and getting a new one, however, I don't know if W7 will be able to run anything I have. F.E.A.R., Oblivion, Morrowind, Fable, and Crysis.

Redras0324

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Thank you. I'm not worried about Morrowind, I have it for the original Xbox and it still works fine. F.E.A.R. i'm likely going to get for the 360 when it's operational again. But I deleted my game on the 360 which had well over 200+ hours on it, mostly because my expansions stopped working. How would you rate how well Oblivion runs on Win7?

Laiala

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010

I have a new HP desktop with Win7 and get a lot of crashes with Oblivion, especially on loading (trying to load). I've read a lot online, but don't see anything helpful yet. I'm NOT a techie. I bought this new computer with gaming in mind and I think Oblivion is fantastic, but so many crashes. HELP!

Redras0324

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

well my younger sister just got a laptop over X-Mas with Win 7 it's very stable quite reliabe, and when running Oblivion I've hit only minor problems only during launching the game. Once it's up it's been smooth. I usually run it woth Game Booster on, it's helpful.

G

I've recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 ultimate. Everytime I play Oblivion I get at least one crash, usually during a fast travel or map load. I know in the specs Windos 7 isn't listed but is there an update or patch or some other way to fix the crashes??

wispeedy

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
I've recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 ultimate. Everytime I play Oblivion I get at least one crash, usually during a fast travel or map load. I know in the specs Windos 7 isn't listed but is there an update or patch or some other way to fix the crashes??

Have you try to running it in comparabilty mode, I run lots of old games in comparability mode and they work. Just choose the windows that the prograam was running in originally. Example wix xp then choose win xp as the compaibility mode to run the game. If you have win ultimate you should not have any problem with altimate you can run win xp and win 7 in the same computer as long as your computer support virtual machine.

rattman169

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I have morrowind, obilvion, fable and F.E.A.R installed and works fine on my system, if I recall I had to get a patch update to get F.E.A.R to work but it runs. I even have Call Of duty, the first one, running with no issues. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1.