how to make 2 or more partition?

i'm just want to know what the right method to make 2 or more partition
on my hard drive..... :eek:

--
shaidariz
4 answers Last reply

    In news:shaidariz.1ticdv@pcbanter.net,
    shaidariz <shaidariz.1ticdv@pcbanter.net> typed:

    > i'm just want to know what the right method to make 2 or more
    > partition on my hard drive..... :eek:

    No version of Windows or DOS has ever had the ability to change
    the partition structure of a drive without losing all the data on
    it. To do so requires the use of a third-party program. Partition
    Magic is the best-known such program, but there are
    shareware/freeware alternatives. One shareware product that gets
    good reports from several MVPs (although I haven't used it
    personally) is Bootit Next Generation.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Try here:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+partition+hard+disk

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "shaidariz" <shaidariz.1ticdv@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > i'm just want to know what the right method to make 2 or more partition
    > on my hard drive..... :eek:
    >

    > --
    > shaidariz

    The principle is simple enough, shaidariz.but it is dependent upon whether
    your C: partition takes up all of your hard drive or whether you have
    unallocated space available. To check proceed as follows.

    1/ Go to control panel and click on the Administrative tools icon.
    2/ In the admin tools window click the Computer management Icon.
    3/ On the left hand side of the Computer Management window click Disk
    Management (you find this under the storage section)
    4/ Does the graph for your hard drive show that drive C: occupies 'all' of
    your hard drive space or is part of the drive marked 'unallocated'?

    If you have unallocated space you can create further partitions by right
    clicking on the unallocated space and then selecting New partition from the
    drop down menu. Follow the wizard through, select the size of the partition
    and then it will format. After completing partition 1 you can again click on
    any unallocated space and then create another partition.

    If your C: drive takes up 'all' of your hard drive, i.e., it doesn't have
    any 'unallocated' space then you need to purchase third party software, such
    as partition magic to resize your C: partition to allow you enough room to
    create further partitions.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "shaidariz" <shaidariz.1ticdv@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > i'm just want to know what the right method to make 2 or more partition
    > on my hard drive..... :eek:
    >

    > --
    > shaidariz

    If the OS has been already installed on your hard drive, the easiest
    way to do it is using a special program, like Acronis partition manager
    ( http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/ ).
    AFAIK, to use this program also is the fastest way to partition your
    disk.

Microsoft Partition Windows XP