help with making a slideshow

Hi all

I am new to this and would appreciate some help.
I have WINXP
What I would like to do is make a slide show with my pictures and add music.
I would then like to burn it to a DVD disc that I could then watch on a home
dvd player.
I thought it would be fun to use pictures of my grandchildren growing up
with a nice song playing in the background . Then I thought it would make a
nice gift to give to my son. He has a home DVD player that is hooked up to
the t.v.
Does anyone know if I can do this.
Thanks in advance.

Start, All Programs, Windows Movie Maker

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Ninip" <gwen6039@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:H57Ke.157825$5V4.778@pd7tw3no...
> Hi all
>
> I am new to this and would appreciate some help.
> I have WINXP
> What I would like to do is make a slide show with my pictures and add music.
> I would then like to burn it to a DVD disc that I could then watch on a home
> dvd player.
> I thought it would be fun to use pictures of my grandchildren growing up
> with a nice song playing in the background . Then I thought it would make a
> nice gift to give to my son. He has a home DVD player that is hooked up to
> the t.v.
> Does anyone know if I can do this.
> Thanks in advance.

You can try Proshow Gold. There is a trial version.
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/
Since you want to copy to a DVD you need the gold version.

"Ninip" <gwen6039@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am new to this and would appreciate some help.
> I have WINXP
> What I would like to do is make a slide show with my pictures and add
music.
> I would then like to burn it to a DVD disc that I could then watch on a
home
> dvd player.
> I thought it would be fun to use pictures of my grandchildren growing up
> with a nice song playing in the background . Then I thought it would make
> nice gift to give to my son. He has a home DVD player that is hooked up
> the t.v.
> Does anyone know if I can do this.
> Thanks in advance.

Use Movie Maker. It is free and it comes with XP. Works great, have
used it several times.
TonySper