Gigabyte mobo accessory packs??

nimrod

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
On ebay, there's dozens of bare OEM motherboards you can buy on there. Oem stuff is fine for video cards and hard drives and all, but I got an oem ga-8knxp with nothing, so is there anyplace that sells the accessory pack that has everything with it, including the DPS card? Gigabyte customer support has never gotten back to me about any questions I've had. Has anyone read their manuals?? Whoever wrote it looks like they didn't even speak english. I'm surprised they put out such boards.
Thanks.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
well i can't really help you out on the accessories - this is mor of a commentary. Unless packaged with the board, accessories are IMPOSSIBLE to find except perhaps at one authorised retailer, for a ridiculous price, with ridiculous shipping charges because chances are they are somewhere in Taiwan. Same thing goes for the manuals - the majority of the manufacturers have their manuals written and printed in Asia, where you might have guess the first language is NOT english, hence the crappy instruction book, terrible custy support and laughable tech support that these guys have (though I must say, Asus is one of the exceptions).

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

nimrod

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
So, basically, I'm screwed if I want a dps card. I'll order a retail version and then have a spare motherboard to hang on the wall as decoration?? Or do I use it as a target and take out my frustrations on it?? Which is the better choice?

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
basically... you can always build a system for someone and throw in the mobo, or call up the manufcaturer and bitch and bitch that you didn't get the DPS card and ask them to send you one... it might cost you $$ but you'd probably be able to get it (if you REALLY bitch)

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

nuttybing

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Hey hey...there are some exceptions to what you've commented on asian manufacturers. Most popular brands have indeed an acceptable standard of english plus some manuals even come with different languages too! I'm an Asian and proud to be one - Singaporean!

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
didn't mean to sound racist, sorry about that dude - I've just learnt by experience that dealing with the manufacturers of computer hardware, even with their north-american counterparts, has been very frustrating at times due to lack of good english... hell, even the majoirty of my distributors in or around montreal tend to be asian, and sometimes this proves to be a (language) barrier too. I'm not commenting on capabilities but simply on the difficulty of properly communicating and functioning due to the language barriers that exist.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
have indeed an acceptable standard of english
U kidding? I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard manual that didn't look like it was translated by a taiwanese 2nd year english student :lol:

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

nuttybing

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
It's okay, although I tend to agree with you that some manufacturers out there (mostly smaller companies) have a terrible standard of english but well, the spread of IT is getting faster but it'll take time for language to do that.

Technodad

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2003
Hi,
Haven't been up to this board in months. I have an 8INXP that will probably be on its way out the door. I've had problems since I tried to get it to work with a 9700 Pro close to 7 months ago. I've updated drivers and tried so many fixes that I want to just throw the whole thing out the window. Enough time has gone by to see alot of great reviews about the 9700. So I'm probably going to dump the board. If this happens I'll drop you a line. It came with dps.

3.06Ghz, Gigabyte GA-8INXP, AIW 9700 Pro, Koolance CPU-MB-Video-HD1-HD2, WD 40gig 7200 8mb, WD 120gig 7200 8mb, Sony Dru-500A 8mb