terri

I tried to install this but I received a message it failed:
Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB895658)

What can I do to fix this problem? I use Windows XP..
Thanks!

Terri,
Did you see some text & perhaps a code number when this "failed" ? If so, provide that.

You should be able to see & look at a log file KB895658.log on your Windows folder (either \Windows or \WINNT)
Use NOTEPAD to read it.

Need to find a line ( or more) having something like
yada yada failed 0x (with numbers)

btw, was Outlook running at the time of updating?

Post back details, please, as other folks will likely want to track this.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Terri wrote:
> I tried to install this but I received a message it failed:
> Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB895658)
>
> What can I do to fix this problem? I use Windows XP..
> Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Forwarded to Office Update-specific newsgroup via crosspost.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Terri wrote:
> I tried to install this but I received a message it failed:
> Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB895658)
>
> What can I do to fix this problem? I use Windows XP..
> Thanks!

terri

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I have tried ALL your suggestions to no avail. There is no error message -
simply said the installation failed. I have had no proior problems
installing and outlook had been closed.
Waiting with bated breath!

> Forwarded to Office Update-specific newsgroup via crosspost.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Terri wrote:
>> I tried to install this but I received a message it failed:
>> Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB895658)
>>
>> What can I do to fix this problem? I use Windows XP..
>> Thanks!

terri

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

WHOOPS - Found Error Code: 0x80070643
Sorry....

> Forwarded to Office Update-specific newsgroup via crosspost.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Terri wrote:
>> I tried to install this but I received a message it failed:
>> Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB895658)
>>
>> What can I do to fix this problem? I use Windows XP..
>> Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thanx for the assist, Greenie.
--

GreenieLeBrun wrote:
> Look at:-
> You receive error message 0x80070643 when you try to install updates
> for Windows XP from the Windows Update Web site
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836937

terri

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Oh - Hoh! I have been to the website already and tried ALL the fixes -
nothing works....
Terri

"GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Look at:-
> You receive error message 0x80070643 when you try to install updates
> for Windows XP from the Windows Update Web site
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836937

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Terri,
Are you using Daemon Tools or Alcohol's virtual drive software?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User