Internetaccess and sharing the docs only with WLAN?

I use a Siemens SE515 as the AccessPoint. This is connected to the DSL-Line.
The notebook has an integrated WLAN device (PRISM 802.11 Adapter (3886)) and
the Desktop has an USB WLAN Siemens Gigaset 54.

Can I configure this environment to work with
a) shared access to the internet
b) share the resources of the destkop and notebook
at the same time ??

I've given my Desktop and my Notbook a static IP (192.168.1.xx) and the two
can access the internet over the SE515 at the same time.

The access point (stand alone device) has been given a fix IP of 192.168.1.1
This thing can also act as a DHCP Server and gives the IP's to my local
machine. On the "outside" it recieves the dynamical IP form my ISP. So I
don't need to care about the ISP IP.

Furtheron every PC has been assigned the same workgroupname
running on WinXP.I can't find the other computer in the network.

I even tried to establish an Ad-Hoc network. But this fails, as I
can't access the Internet anymore through my Router.

What need I to do, to get a network access to the other pc while having
acces to the internet from both machines????

Is there a description out there for such a setup with a WLAN environment??

greets
Andreas

"Andreas Winter" <awin@wros.de> wrote in news:cikgkr$mmd$1@online.de:

> I use a Siemens SE515 as the AccessPoint. This is connected to the
> DSL-Line. The notebook has an integrated WLAN device (PRISM 802.11
> Adapter (3886)) and the Desktop has an USB WLAN Siemens Gigaset 54.
>
> Can I configure this environment to work with
> a) shared access to the internet

Yes.

> b) share the resources of the destkop and notebook
> at the same time ??

Yes.

> I've given my Desktop and my Notbook a static IP (192.168.1.xx) and
> the two can access the internet over the SE515 at the same time.

Did you set your Gateway IP? Your DNS IPs?

It mayb better to use DHCP configuration.

> I even tried to establish an Ad-Hoc network. But this fails, as I
> can't access the Internet anymore through my Router.

Firewall?

Anyhow, setting up a Wireless Network is basically the same as a wired
one.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

yea this should work as you wish. Sounds like you need to adjust a setting
in the router to allow other users on the LAN to access each other. I'm not
familiar with your hardware, so you might need to have a look at the
interface and see what there is to see as it were, although I would think
the default setting would be to allow this..otherwise whats the point of
calling it a LAN?. Also, have you enabled file and print sharing on your
computers. You'll need this enabled in order for them to see/use each other.
You might try creating a shared folder on each machine and try to mount a
drive to it using IP address instead of using the browse list. eg ..go to
command prompt on Computer1 and type net use Z: \\192.168.0.23\myshare
should mount Z: drive to a folder you've shared on Computer2 name "myshare"
(all I want is myshare...but i'm getting distracted.):))).