Mouse stops and acts like it is being controlled by someon..

I have a Dell Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2 Compatible that stops every now and then
and also acts like it is being controlled remotely for a second or two. I
don't know if this is a common problem with these mouse or if there is
something I can "patch" to fix this. I have all of the Microsoft updates for
Windows XP installed and currently running Norton Virus scan along with
spyware blocker and pop up blocker. I have reinstalled the driver and it
still does this. Anyone know what it might be?
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse stops acts controlled someon

    Make sure you do not have a microphone enabled.

    Download and install the latest drivers for your video card and mouse.
    If the problem is not corrected, then:

    Replace your mouse with a new one. If that does not solve the problem,
    replace your video card with a new one.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Karcher" wrote:

    | I have a Dell Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2 Compatible that stops every now and then
    | and also acts like it is being controlled remotely for a second or two. I
    | don't know if this is a common problem with these mouse or if there is
    | something I can "patch" to fix this. I have all of the Microsoft updates for
    | Windows XP installed and currently running Norton Virus scan along with
    | spyware blocker and pop up blocker. I have reinstalled the driver and it
    | still does this. Anyone know what it might be?

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:41:22 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

    >Make sure you do not have a microphone enabled.
    >
    >Download and install the latest drivers for your video card and mouse.
    >If the problem is not corrected, then:
    >
    >Replace your mouse with a new one. If that does not solve the problem,
    >replace your video card with a new one.

    Or check and see if you have accessibility options turned ON. That can take
    control without notice if you aren't aware of it.

    Do you have the latest mouse driver from Dell? Is this a wireless mouse? If
    so, you may want to experiment with different locations for the mouse sensor.
    I had some weird problems with my keyboard (wireless mouse/keyboard combo)
    until I moved the sensor away from the system unit.

    "Karcher" wrote:

    > I have a Dell Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2 Compatible that stops every now and then
    > and also acts like it is being controlled remotely for a second or two. I
    > don't know if this is a common problem with these mouse or if there is
    > something I can "patch" to fix this. I have all of the Microsoft updates for
    > Windows XP installed and currently running Norton Virus scan along with
    > spyware blocker and pop up blocker. I have reinstalled the driver and it
    > still does this. Anyone know what it might be?

    Mine did that once and all it needed was a good cleaning. It was very
    dusty, the ball was virtually propelled by the volume of dust bunnies that
    were living in there. :)

    "Karcher" <Karcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2 Compatible that stops every now and
    >then
    > and also acts like it is being controlled remotely for a second or two. I
    > don't know if this is a common problem with these mouse or if there is
    > something I can "patch" to fix this. I have all of the Microsoft updates
    > for
    > Windows XP installed and currently running Norton Virus scan along with
    > spyware blocker and pop up blocker. I have reinstalled the driver and it
    > still does this. Anyone know what it might be?

Mice Microsoft Windows XP