Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind copy
from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it if
I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
TonySper

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly you can set
up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what email
client you're wanting to use.
--
Don Kendrick

"TonySper" wrote:

> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind copy
> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it if
> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
> TonySper

Create a "New Group" in the address book. You can copy existing addresses
from the address book or add new ones. Now use the group name in BCC.

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind copy
> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it if
> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
> TonySper

Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting all
the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
TonySper

"TonySper" wrote:

> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind
> copy
> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it
> if
> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
> TonySper

Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:y5OKe.3788$XL3.3434@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
> typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting all
> the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> TonySper
>
> "Unrepper" <Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly you
> can set
> up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what
> email
> client you're wanting to use.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "TonySper" wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind
>> copy
>> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
>> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it
>> if
>> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
>> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
>> TonySper

Doug,
That's it!!. Import comma delaminated text file. Thanks for pointing
me in the correct direction.
TonySper

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
> typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting
> all
> the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> TonySper
>
> "Unrepper" <Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly you
> can set
> up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what
> email
> client you're wanting to use.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "TonySper" wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind
>> copy
>> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
>> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it
>> if
>> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
>> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
>> TonySper

Doug,
I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can not
find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
TonySper

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
> typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting
> all
> the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> TonySper
>
> "Unrepper" <Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly you
> can set
> up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what
> email
> client you're wanting to use.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "TonySper" wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind
>> copy
>> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
>> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it
>> if
>> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
>> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
>> TonySper

Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts (enable
View > Folders and groups).

You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of these
contacts after you import them.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

TonySper wrote:
> Doug,
> I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can not
> find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
> TonySper
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other
>
> > Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
> > typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting
> > all
> > the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> >
> > If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly you
> > can set
> > up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what
> > email
> > client you're wanting to use.
> > --
> > > Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind
> > > copy
> > > from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
> > > contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it
> > > if
> > > I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
> > > blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
> > > TonySper

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the blind copy
> from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all my
> contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like it if
> I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in the
> blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
> TonySper

What mail program?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC but I
want to import a group of email address from a file into the group. I
have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
then I can not find where it is putting them.
Tony

TonySper wrote:
> Doug,
> I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can
> not
> find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
> TonySper
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other
>
> > Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
> > typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting
> > all
> > the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> >
> > If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly
> > you
> > can set
> > up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what
> > email
> > client you're wanting to use.
> > --
> > > Is there a way to send email to several addresses using the
> > > blind
> > > copy
> > > from a file with a list of names?? Would like to stop having all
> > > my
> > > contact names on the email when I send it to a group. Would like
> > > it
> > > if
> > > I could just put the names in a list and then put the list in
> > > the
> > > blind copy but have not figured out how to do it.
> > > TonySper

The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a Group.
See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into Address Book.
--

TonySper wrote:
> Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC but I
> want to import a group of email address from a file into the group. I
> have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
> then I can not find where it is putting them.
> Tony

> Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
> (enable
> View > Folders and groups).
>
> You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of these
> contacts after you import them.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > Doug,
> > I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can
> > not
> > find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
> > TonySper
> >
> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other
> >
> > > Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means hand
> > > typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of putting
> > > all
> > > the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> > >
> > > If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly
> > > you
> > > can set
> > > up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on what
> > > email
> > > client you're wanting to use.
> > > --

When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
address followed by a comma example:
1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
try to import the file and it says to select which field you want to
import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere and
it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
TonySper

TonySper wrote:
> Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC but
> want to import a group of email address from a file into the group.
> have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
> then I can not find where it is putting them.
> Tony

> Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
> (enable
> View > Folders and groups).
>
> You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
> these
> contacts after you import them.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > Doug,
> > I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can
> > not
> > find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
> > TonySper
> >
> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other
> >
> > > Thanks for the info. Yes I have used the group but that means
> > > hand
> > > typing or copying from the address book. Is there a way of
> > > putting
> > > all
> > > the addresses into a file and then just use the file??
> > >
> > > If yousend these bulk mails to the same addressees consistantly
> > > you
> > > can set
> > > up group email lists. The setup process varies depending on
> > > what
> > > email
> > > client you're wanting to use.
> > > --

You're doing this wrong. Individual items for each address are separated by commas (name, e-mail, phone, etc.). Each address (and its information) is on a separate line.

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:pCoLe.11301$XM3.650@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> address followed by a comma example:
> 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> try to import the file and it says to select which field you want to
> import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere and
> it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> TonySper

> The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> Group.
> See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into Address
> Book.
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:
> OE General newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>

> TonySper wrote:
>> Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC but
>> want to import a group of email address from a file into the group.
>> have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
>> then I can not find where it is putting them.
>> Tony
>>
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
>> (enable
>> View > Folders and groups).
>>
>> You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
>> these
>> contacts after you import them.
>>
>> TonySper wrote:
>> > Doug,
>> > I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can
>> > not
>> > find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
>> > TonySper
>> >
>> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book as a TXT
(CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT (CSV)
file accordingly and, bingo!
--
~PA Bear

TonySper wrote:
> When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> address followed by a comma example:
> 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> try to import the file and it says to select which field you want to
> import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere and
> it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> TonySper

> The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> Group.
> See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into Address
> Book.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC but
> > want to import a group of email address from a file into the group.
> > have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
> > then I can not find where it is putting them.
> > Tony
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
> > (enable
> > View > Folders and groups).
> >
> > You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
> > these
> > contacts after you import them.
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > Doug,
> > > I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can
> > > not
> > > find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import it???
> > > TonySper
> > >
> > > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

Doug,
Thank You, I got it now. Was using wrong format like you said. Thanks
for all the help.

You're doing this wrong. Individual items for each address are
separated by commas (name, e-mail, phone, etc.). Each address (and
its information) is on a separate line.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> address followed by a comma example:
> 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> try to import the file and it says to select which field you want to
> import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere
> and
> it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> TonySper

> The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> Group.
> See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> Address
> Book.
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:
> OE General newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>

> TonySper wrote:
>> Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC but
>> want to import a group of email address from a file into the group.
>> have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
>> then I can not find where it is putting them.
>> Tony
>>
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
>> (enable
>> View > Folders and groups).
>>
>> You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
>> these
>> contacts after you import them.
>>
>> TonySper wrote:
>> > Doug,
>> > I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I can
>> > not
>> > find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import
>> > it???
>> > TonySper
>> >
>> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

PA BEAR,
Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at. Lots
of help. Thanks.
TonySper

TonySper wrote:
> When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> address followed by a comma example:
> 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> try to import the file and it says to select which field you want to
> import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere
> and
> it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> TonySper

> The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> Group.
> See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> Address
> Book.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC
> > but
> > want to import a group of email address from a file into the
> > group.
> > have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
> > then I can not find where it is putting them.
> > Tony
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
> > (enable
> > View > Folders and groups).
> >
> > You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
> > these
> > contacts after you import them.
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > Doug,
> > > I imported a txt file twice and it said it completed it but I
> > > can
> > > not
> > > find where it put it. Where does the file go when you import
> > > it???
> > > TonySper
> > >
> > > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Open the Address Book and go to File, Import, Other

YW.

TonySper wrote:
> PA BEAR,
> Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at. Lots
> of help. Thanks.
> TonySper

> Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book as a
> TXT
> (CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT
> (CSV)
> file accordingly and, bingo!
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> > address followed by a comma example:
> > 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> > try to import the file and it says to select which field you want to
> > import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> > least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere
> > and
> > it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> > TonySper
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> > Group.
> > See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> > Address
> > Book.
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC
> > > but
> > > want to import a group of email address from a file into the
> > > group.
> > > have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file but
> > > then I can not find where it is putting them.
> > > Tony
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared Contacts
> > > (enable
> > > View > Folders and groups).
> > >
> > > You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
> > > these
> > > contacts after you import them.

I now have another problem in that I cannot import the email address
into any folder except my main one. When I copy the addresses to
another folder that is fine but if I delete them from my main folder
they get deleted from the my new folder. Each time I import the
addresses I can't seem to bring them into any new folders. How do you
import them to a new folder??
TonySper

YW.

TonySper wrote:
> PA BEAR,
> Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at. Lots
> of help. Thanks.
> TonySper

> Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book as
> TXT
> (CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT
> (CSV)
> file accordingly and, bingo!
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> > address followed by a comma example:
> > 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> > try to import the file and it says to select which field you want
> > import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> > least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere
> > and
> > it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> > TonySper
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> > Group.
> > See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> > Address
> > Book.
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > Yes I am referring to OE. I know I can put a group into the BCC
> > > but
> > > want to import a group of email address from a file into the
> > > group.
> > > have to many to hand type them all. It lets me import the file
> > > but
> > > then I can not find where it is putting them.
> > > Tony
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Are you referring to the OE Address Book? Look in Shared
> > > Contacts
> > > (enable
> > > View > Folders and groups).
> > >
> > > You cannot import Groups or Folders but you can make a Group of
> > > these
> > > contacts after you import them.

As stated in several replies here, you cannot import Groups or Folders and
you cannot import contacts just to an already-created Group or Folder.

Everything else you're seeing is default behavior, I'm afraid. Make certain
you understand the differences between a Folder and a Group, Tony. There
are very subtle but important differences in how each behaves and is used.
I recommend opening Address Book Help > Search tab > type "folder" (w/out
the quotes) > List topic > Read all related pages; then do the same with
"group".
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

TonySper wrote:
> I now have another problem in that I cannot import the email address
> into any folder except my main one. When I copy the addresses to
> another folder that is fine but if I delete them from my main folder
> they get deleted from the my new folder. Each time I import the
> addresses I can't seem to bring them into any new folders. How do you
> import them to a new folder??
> TonySper

> YW.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > PA BEAR,
> > Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at. Lots
> > of help. Thanks.
> > TonySper
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book as
> > TXT
> > (CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT
> > (CSV)
> > file accordingly and, bingo!
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with each
> > > address followed by a comma example:
> > > 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> > > try to import the file and it says to select which field you want
> > > import and I select email address and then it imports the file. at
> > > least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and elsewhere
> > > and
> > > it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any ideas??
> > > TonySper
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as a
> > > Group.
> > > See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> > > Address
> > > Book.

Thanks. I think I have it now. Seems like you should be able to import
into a folder but I guess not. What I am doing now is saving the
address book, delete all the contacts and then import a new list. Send
this list in my Bcc and then when done import back my saved list. That
is terrible. You would think that MS would improve on that.
TonySper

TonySper wrote:
> I now have another problem in that I cannot import the email address
> into any folder except my main one. When I copy the addresses to
> another folder that is fine but if I delete them from my main folder
> they get deleted from the my new folder. Each time I import the
> addresses I can't seem to bring them into any new folders. How do
> you
> import them to a new folder??
> TonySper

> YW.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > PA BEAR,
> > Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at.
> > Lots
> > of help. Thanks.
> > TonySper
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book
> > as
> > TXT
> > (CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT
> > (CSV)
> > file accordingly and, bingo!
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with
> > > each
> > > address followed by a comma example:
> > > 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> > > try to import the file and it says to select which field you
> > > want
> > > import and I select email address and then it imports the file.
> > > at
> > > least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and
> > > elsewhere
> > > and
> > > it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any
> > > ideas??
> > > TonySper
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as
> > > Group.
> > > See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> > > Address
> > > Book.

PA Bear,
I found out that I can switch identities and import names into that
address book. In this way I do not have to keep saving and deleting my
good addresses. It appears that by swathing identities you can have
another address book.

TonySper wrote:
> I now have another problem in that I cannot import the email address
> into any folder except my main one. When I copy the addresses to
> another folder that is fine but if I delete them from my main folder
> they get deleted from the my new folder. Each time I import the
> addresses I can't seem to bring them into any new folders. How do
> you
> import them to a new folder??
> TonySper

> YW.
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > PA BEAR,
> > Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at.
> > Lots
> > of help. Thanks.
> > TonySper
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book
> > as
> > TXT
> > (CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT
> > (CSV)
> > file accordingly and, bingo!
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > When I make up the import file I have made it a txt file with
> > > each
> > > address followed by a comma example:
> > > 1email@aol.com,2email@aol.com,3eamil@aol.com,4email@aol.com etc.
> > > try to import the file and it says to select which field you
> > > want
> > > import and I select email address and then it imports the file.
> > > at
> > > least it says it does. I look in the shared contacts and
> > > elsewhere
> > > and
> > > it is not there. Am I building the import file wrong?? Any
> > > ideas??
> > > TonySper
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > The contacts are most likely in Shared Contacts list, but not as
> > > Group.
> > > See my first reply. You cannot import Groups or Folders into
> > > Address
> > > Book.

Well, yes, but if you open either Address Book and look in Shared Contacts
folder you'll see all contacts in each identity's Address Book.

(All about) Address Book
http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

TonySper wrote:
> PA Bear,
> I found out that I can switch identities and import names into that
> address book. In this way I do not have to keep saving and deleting my
> good addresses. It appears that by swathing identities you can have
> another address book.
> TonySper

> As stated in several replies here, you cannot import Groups or Folders
> and
> you cannot import contacts just to an already-created Group or Folder.
>
> Everything else you're seeing is default behavior, I'm afraid. Make
> certain
> you understand the differences between a Folder and a Group, Tony.
> There
> are very subtle but important differences in how each behaves and is
> used.
> I recommend opening Address Book Help > Search tab > type "folder"
> (w/out
> the quotes) > List topic > Read all related pages; then do the same
> with
> "group".
>
> TonySper wrote:
> > I now have another problem in that I cannot import the email address
> > into any folder except my main one. When I copy the addresses to
> > another folder that is fine but if I delete them from my main folder
> > they get deleted from the my new folder. Each time I import the
> > addresses I can't seem to bring them into any new folders. How do
> > you
> > import them to a new folder??
> > TonySper
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > YW.
> >
> > TonySper wrote:
> > > PA BEAR,
> > > Yes that was great help. It created a nice CSV file to look at.
> > > Lots
> > > of help. Thanks.
> > > TonySper
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Take a peek using the back door: Export your current Address Book
> > > as
> > > TXT
> > > (CSV) file and take a look at the formatting. Now format your TXT
> > > (CSV)
> > > file accordingly and, bingo!

Yes, again you are correct. I guess just saving the contacts I use all
the time and deleting them and then importing my Bcc addresses, send
them and then bring back my saved ones is the way to go. Sounds worse
than it is. Thanks for all the help.
TonySper