Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can I turn a wireless XBOX 360 controller to wired so I can use on PC?

Last response: in Video Games
November 29, 2009 3:21:06 PM

My friend has an XBOX 360, with wireless controllers. I want to play Resident Evil 5 for PC split screen, which requires a gamepad. I thought that since he has a controller, I should use that and connect it to my computer. A wireless receiver is bit expensive and so is the controller. I saw an adapter that could convert a wired controller to USB for PC, but I was wondering if I could connect the wireless controller to that. I know that MadCatz released a wired controller for $20 on Newegg.com, but I want to try a cheaper way. Besides, I probably won't game with that controller often anyway.
December 1, 2009 5:27:03 AM

I don't completely understand what the issue here is. Shouldn't you be able to play split-screen RE5 regardless of what controller you use? So long as you're using a compatible Xbox 360 controller?
Score
December 1, 2009 9:50:46 AM

Yes, but my friend only has wireless controllers, so I want to know if we can just use those without practically paying for that controller again by getting a wireless receiver.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

December 1, 2009 10:08:58 AM

I think the short answer is no. I suspect you have to get the wireless receiver.
December 1, 2009 10:11:30 AM

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll get the wired controller. Do you know if I should I get the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller or shpuld I get a Mad Catz one?
Score
December 8, 2009 11:06:55 PM

I've got the wired xbox one, which I picked up for cheap second hand. If I were you, I'd look to do that. I can't speak for the mad Catz one because I haven't used it, but I don't know if you'd have some trouble getting the PC to recognise it. One of the handiest things with the XBOX 360 controller is not having to calibrate it for a lot of games, as they recognise the XBOX one automatically. It would be a shame to lose that for the sake of a dollar/pound or two. As I say though, I don't know, and wouldn't want to steer you wrong.
Score
December 8, 2009 11:27:42 PM

Okay, thank you. I'll try to get the XBOX 360 wired controller. If I have extra money, I might get the wireless one with the receiver though. If I bring my computer to a friend's house, I have a feeling that wires would be hard to deal with. It's also since I can use it with the actual XBOX 360 if I get one maybe a year later. Thank you!
Score
!