Abit IC-7G Northbridge fan

count

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2003
Hi!
Well, my new mobo is running smooth as clockwork, thanks in no small part to this board and those that frequent it.
But, having used it for about a month now, and quite heavily so (pc up and running for most of the day and night...) I have "finally" started noticing the northbridge fan making a lot of noise. This seems to be a problem with these fans, that after some use they start to make a lot of noise, according to other test and reports I've read. Now, the fan hasn't stopped or anything, just makes noise, but it SOUNDS like it sometimes is about to stop...lol.
So, I guess the big question is, is there any way to fix this? Replacement parts or anything?

nowareman

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003
My NB fan starting making noises after 4 months.

I bought the new Abit NB fan for my IC7-G from <A HREF="http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=156_158&products_id=2469" target="_new">eXcaliberPC</A>. $4.99 + $5 shipping. I had the fan in 3 days.

Very easy to install. I used a little ASIII instead of the thermal pad that comes with the HSF. I also took some pressure off the retention clip on the new fan by bending the clip down just a little to prevent any problem with the eyelets on the board coming loose as has been reported by some IC7 owners.