Folder View Icons

August 12, 2005 11:39:07 PM

It seems that I have lost the Explore icon within the folders. This is the
icon you see when you are looking in a folder with and HTM or HTML file their.

I have tried to reset the without any luck.

How can I get the icon back.

Tks,

Jeff

More about : folder view icons

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 7:22:58 PM

Question: What happens if you double-click on any of the HTML file(s) ?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Jeff wrote:
> It seems that I have lost the Explore icon within the folders. This
> is the icon you see when you are looking in a folder with and HTM or
> HTML file their.
>
> I have tried to reset the without any luck.
>
> How can I get the icon back.
>
> Tks,
>
> Jeff
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:19:02 PM

The file opens in Explorer works OK just that I can not get the icons back
like they were before.

Jeff

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Question: What happens if you double-click on any of the HTML file(s) ?
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> Jeff wrote:
> > It seems that I have lost the Explore icon within the folders. This
> > is the icon you see when you are looking in a folder with and HTM or
> > HTML file their.
> >
> > I have tried to reset the without any luck.
> >
> > How can I get the icon back.
> >
> > Tks,
> >
> > Jeff

August 14, 2005 2:30:06 PM

Incorrect or generic Windows icon displayed for HTM and HTML files:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/htmicon.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

<Jeff> wrote in message
> The file opens in Explorer works OK just that I can not get the icons back
> like they were before.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> Question: What happens if you double-click on any of the HTML file(s) ?
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> -----
>>
>> Jeff wrote:
>> > It seems that I have lost the Explore icon within the folders. This
>> > is the icon you see when you are looking in a folder with and HTM or
>> > HTML file their.
>> >
>> > I have tried to reset the without any luck.
>> >
>> > How can I get the icon back.
>> >
>> > Tks,
>> >
>> > Jeff

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 4:10:29 PM

Jeff,
See How to change file associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/307859

You want to associate the file types HTM & HTML with IEXPLORE.EXE

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Jeff wrote:
> The file opens in Explorer works OK just that I can not get the icons
> back like they were before.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> Question: What happens if you double-click on any of the HTML
>> file(s) ?
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> -----
>>
>> Jeff wrote:
>>> It seems that I have lost the Explore icon within the folders. This
>>> is the icon you see when you are looking in a folder with and HTM or
>>> HTML file their.
>>>
>>> I have tried to reset the without any luck.
>>>
>>> How can I get the icon back.
>>>
>>> Tks,
>>>
>>> Jeff
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 4:10:30 PM

Gentlemen:

I want to thank you for your time. Have tried all the suggestions and still
I only get the square looking box with something I can not read in it.

I guess it is one of the MS things and I will not be able to fix it.

I don't see a way to attach a screen shot where you can see what I am
talking about.

Jeff kerry

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Jeff,
> See How to change file associations in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/307859
>
> You want to associate the file types HTM & HTML with IEXPLORE.EXE
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> Jeff wrote:
> > The file opens in Explorer works OK just that I can not get the icons
> > back like they were before.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Question: What happens if you double-click on any of the HTML
> >> file(s) ?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Maurice N
> >> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> >> -----

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:52:24 AM

Jeff,

Have you tried removing the IconHandler as per my link above? If already
done, two more suggestions:

1. Download FileExtInfo.zip tool from here
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/utils/fileextinfo.zip. Unzip the tool, and run it.
Select the .HTM file in the list box, and then press the button View
associations for this file type. Post the LOG here.

2. Try a icon repair using Tweak UI PowerToy for XP.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

<Jeff> wrote in message
> Gentlemen:
>
> I want to thank you for your time. Have tried all the suggestions and
> still
> I only get the square looking box with something I can not read in it.
>
> I guess it is one of the MS things and I will not be able to fix it.
>
> I don't see a way to attach a screen shot where you can see what I am
> talking about.
>
> Jeff kerry
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>> See How to change file associations in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/307859
>>
>> You want to associate the file types HTM & HTML with IEXPLORE.EXE
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> -----
>>
>> Jeff wrote:
>> > The file opens in Explorer works OK just that I can not get the icons
>> > back like they were before.
>> >
>> > Jeff

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:52:25 AM

Ramesh and Maurice,

I have to say sorr, the icon is back after going through the steps both of
you took time to advise me.

I must have not looked in the folder and noticed it changed.

Again sorry for the last message and not it is working again.

Thanks to both of you again.

Jeff

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:52:26 AM

YW
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
Jeff wrote:
> Ramesh and Maurice,
>
> I have to say sorr, the icon is back after going through the steps
> both of you took time to advise me.
>
> I must have not looked in the folder and noticed it changed.
>
> Again sorry for the last message and not it is working again.
>
> Thanks to both of you again.
>
> Jeff

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:51:35 AM