Help!!!Help!!!!!Blue screen on Crysis Warhead??????GPU runing hot

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Ok here are my specs: Intel core 2 duo E8600 @ 3.33ghz
Nvidia GTX 260
700psu
4 gb ram

Ok here is my problem. I bought Crysis Warhead 2 days ago and it ran fine, i got through half of the game without any problems. But thanks to AVG(new version 9.0)(the anti-virus software) "loosers" I had to run a recovery on my pc. See what happened was that while I was playing Crysis Warhead, it started to lag, and I was like: "why?" so I exit the game and see a pup up saying that AVG watchdog service stoped working. And the pup up wouldnt stop appearing interfeering with all my other processes. SO I RAN THE RECOVERY MANAGER. Now I got the pc back to normality, I can run Modern Warfare 2 without any problems along with the rest of my games including the original Crysis. But today I wanted to finish Warhead so I played. After the first mission starts, I started to HAVE MAJOR SHADER PROBLEMS, LIKE SHADOWS WHERE THEY DONT BELONG, LOOSING SHADOWS AND REALTIME LIGHTING EFFECTS WERE TURNING OFF. THEN, BOOOOOOM A FULL BLUE SCREEN. The funny thing is that it didn't even reboot, I still had sound, but no controll at all. I tried the ctrl-alt-delete and still wouldnt respond, (blue screen continued) I did a force shut down and rebooted and windows started normally but when I started Crysis Warhead Again it crashed with the same shader errors and blue screen. My video card felt hotter than it has ever been. SO im asking myself: DID my video card just fried , or WTF is wrong?????????????????/

Please anyone who know about this issues pleas help me, im dying to go back to Crysis Warhead and play. But Im sick of trying new things. Thanks before hand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
It's an nvidia card.
Overheating aint uncommon.
If it's in warranty send it back, if not take the Heat sink off it, slap it in the oven at 200c for 10min then leave to cool and re-attach heat sink.
Did that with my old 8800gtx when a similar thing happend. Ran for another 8 months perfectly untill i replaced it.

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
HAHHAH YEAH IT WORKS, THE RAM PULL ITS BEEN A TOTAL SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE HELP ANYWAYS GUYS,
so as a suggestion, next time your games crash , pull the ram out and put it back again, and check, it might need to be reset. :-D