1.11 with no CD?

Has anyone been able to successfully run 1.11 without the CD? I tried my CD
emulator that always used to work (Paragon) and it won't launch, a friend of
mine tried daemon tools and he couldn't get it to run, just wondering, is
there anything out there that works?

(I mean, my laptop has no CD rom drive when it's undocked, how can I play d2
on the go?)

--
*Jwh101010 sc USWest

JH wrote:
> Has anyone been able to successfully run 1.11 without the CD? I tried my CD
> emulator that always used to work (Paragon) and it won't launch, a friend of
> mine tried daemon tools and he couldn't get it to run, just wondering, is
> there anything out there that works?

Yes. I am using Alcohol. I didn't change a thing.

Well, kind of works. I use WinXP to switch between users. The user
which downloaded the patch is fine. The other one logs on, joins a
game and then after a couple of minutes gets d/c from the game. Is
there something simple I should have done/be doing?

Thanks in advance.

*chali, *chali2 (with all the same characters since there was no ladder
reset)

"JH" <jwhams@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone been able to successfully run 1.11 without the CD? I tried my
> CD emulator that always used to work (Paragon) and it won't launch, a
> friend of mine tried daemon tools and he couldn't get it to run, just
> wondering, is there anything out there that works?
>
> (I mean, my laptop has no CD rom drive when it's undocked, how can I play
> d2 on the go?)
>

> --
> *Jwh101010 sc USWest

Virtual cd 6.0 is still working for me

Gumby619

JH wrote on Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:35:48 -0700:
> Has anyone been able to successfully run 1.11 without the CD?

Daemon tools still works for me.

--
"Ruleless 'law' will be a political weapon and control of the
judiciary will therefore be a political prize. 'Democracy' will

On that special day, JH, (jwhams@comcast.net) said...

> a friend of
> mine tried daemon tools and he couldn't get it to run,

Daemon Tools 3.47 are running fine. Did he play another game before,
that deactivates all DT settings? Sacred removes the images and securom
emulation, and I have to set up everything, before I start D2, but then
it is working as intended.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote

>On that special day, JH, (jwhams@comcast.net) said...
>
>> a friend of
>> mine tried daemon tools and he couldn't get it to run,
>
>Daemon Tools 3.47 are running fine. Did he play another game before,
>that deactivates all DT settings? Sacred removes the images and securom
>emulation, and I have to set up everything, before I start D2, but then
>it is working as intended.

I'd use Daemon Tools, but before I thought of using it, this happened:
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002/lod-cd.jpg

--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

On that special day, jerk-o, (jerk-o@yomomma.org) said...

> I'd use Daemon Tools, but before I thought of using it, this happened:
> http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002/lod-cd.jpg

a neat split, I'd say. Daemon Tools is one way to avoid this. Did you
send it in? After all, this should be a case for warranty.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

I dug my expansion CD up the other night to install it on my son's
computer... began the install and CD parts went flying all over the
front room... broke the CDplayer as well...

2 down... gotta buy another :(

Reg

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote

>On that special day, jerk-o, (jerk-o@yomomma.org) said...
>
>> I'd use Daemon Tools, but before I thought of using it, this happened:
>> http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002/lod-cd.jpg
>
>a neat split, I'd say. Daemon Tools is one way to avoid this. Did you
>send it in? After all, this should be a case for warranty.

No, I haven't sent it in yet. I am a little lazy. BTW, I *did* try gluing it
back together (it didn't work).
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's

On 5 Aug 2005, "RegNitto" wrote:

>> I dug my expansion CD up the other night to install it on my son's
>> computer... began the install and CD parts went flying all over the
>> front room... broke the CDplayer as well...
>>
>> 2 down... gotta buy another :(
>>

>> Reg

If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

Latest posts