Sign in with
Your question

Gears of War bad FPS and stuttering

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 30, 2009 3:58:14 AM

I am getting a bad frame rate and stuttering in Gears of War for PC. At first, I cranked up all the details as I thought my PC could handle it. I mean, I don't have the best gaming system, but it's still pretty decent. After I was surprised to get a crap frame rate and lots of stuttering, I put the settings back on defaults, which even turns off DX10 and AA, still the same problems. I also noticed the menu stutters too! Is this game not very well optimized or what?

My specs are:

Windows 7 x64
Core2Duo E8400 (3.0Ghz)
4GB DDR2 800 RAM
2x 512mb 4870's CF
SteelSeries 5hV2 USB headset

I meet the min. and recommended requirements for the game, so why such an issue?

I've googled 'gears of war frame rate issues pc' and similar keywords but I have found nothing!

I have the latest drivers for my card installed, as well as the latest sound drivers.

More about : gears war bad fps stuttering

November 30, 2009 8:43:27 PM

Your hardware is not the problem because i run it smooth on my computer with a 9800gtx and windows 7 RC, do all of your other games run ok?
m
l
November 30, 2009 8:51:29 PM

What power supply are you running? Do other games run ok? Maybe disable Crossfire or remove one video card and then see what happens.
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2009 8:16:49 PM

Have you tried rolling back to a previous driver?
m
l
December 8, 2009 1:35:00 AM

My PSU is a 750W Corsair.

Now I think I need to start a new topic [or edit?] for Modern Warfare 2! I didn't have the latest drivers, but I updated to 9.11 and Gears runs fine now!

I've been getting stuttering in MW2 as well. Although I am not the only person it seems. I've done some googling and I even read someone with GTX280's getting stuttering! My friend has the same memory and CPU as me, but he has an 8800GT and he gets the same thing as well. It still happens, but it said it helped him when he turned down the AA from 4x to 2x. TBH, that's not really a solution for me =/

m
l
December 8, 2009 2:04:52 AM

MW2 runs fine for me.....
m
l
!